Author Topic: Clarity Skin  (Read 22794 times)

Underneath

Clarity is a very music-inspired skin. The concept for color harmonies I've been carrying for two years. Four months ago, a release was planned for MediaMonkey with the title "Clarity Fusion", but I discovered MusicBee, a piece of software that beats everything in this category. Skinning with MediaMonkey was very expensive and limited, so I realize this project now for MusicBee. At first glance I was surprised that "Smooth Tuned Blue" worked with similar colors.

First time released: July 05, 2012
Last update: July 11, 2012
Current version: 1.0.2.80
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlh89smet06azyc/Clarity.zip

Main Skin

Full size: http://i.imgur.com/5BT8O.png?1

Mini Player

Flat Player
Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:53:41 AM by Underneath

beeing good

That's very nice, definitely one for my collection!

Greb

Funny. When I did the 'Smooth Tuned Blue' skins what I was trying to do was exactly a skin that was clear to see. I used a middle point between iTunes and Linux Mint.

BTW, nice skin, but it looks a bit weird when you go out of the configuration you're using. The one I use, for example:

It's like... too black.

EDIT

For example, changing the 0,0,0 colour for 10,15,22 that is a darker and more saturated version of the lateral colour, it changes this way:

to

I think it looks less aggresive.
Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:57:09 PM by Greb

Underneath

Version: 1.0.0.20

I fixed a few little issues and changed all 0,0,0's to 10,15,22.

Greb

Version: 1.0.0.20

I fixed a few little issues and changed all 0,0,0's to 10,15,22.

Well, it was a quick fix that looked better for me. Don't do it just because I said so!!

Anyway, I think this skin can be one of the best ones, with beeTunes (and better than the ones I did, that are a bit outdated right now).

Underneath

I took your suggestion just fine, because I love working with dark colours. The code 10,15,22 or something like that I've used so many times, the proportion of more blue has a quite amazing effect on the result.

Underneath

Hey!

I made major changes in colour harmonies (at first sight you won't see any changes, but there's a lot of final touch). Other changes: Buttons in menus are black, edit pop-up re-designed.

Version: 1.0.1.60

lnminente

It has a nice combination of colours. Thanks for sharing Underneath :)

Underneath

Changes in v1.0.2.70: drop down menu re-designed, little issues fixed, buttons re-designed, colour adjustments.

VX

Thanks for sharing. The best Smooth Tuned variation I've ever seen  :)

beeing good

Thanks Underneath, really love this skin.

lnminente

I think this skin could benefit a lot from the new elements "to override the tabs bar when docked in the caption bar and the player is docked at the top":
  <element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarTop.Default" bg="15,215,215" fg="30,30,130" bdr="170,10,170" />
  <element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarTop.Highlight" bg="145,245,5" fg="220,220,20" bdr="10,10,190" />

A unity aspect with the currently active tab, and darker inactive tabs would be pretty nice

beeing good

I just have to echo my last post...looks fantastic. I love what you've done with the flat player, it looks so very stylish.