Author Topic: A Brighter Bee  (Read 39040 times)

SimonBRT

I've started using this very nice skin and I have one comment/suggestion.  When downloading tracks from music blogs, the check mark that appears when the download has successfully finished is white - very close to the background color.  Could that be changed to maybe the same color as the down arrow which shows download in progress?

I am happy to look into this, however this is not an area of MB that I ever use.  In order for me to find the element I need to alter can you give me some step by step instructions on how to make this dialogue appear.  Alternatively, any other skin creator reading this could let me know the element i am after!

Thorbjorn

Just go to a web page with some mp3's (themusicslut.com) and download one from the panel that pops up at the bottom. I don't know how to change the color though. I think maybe it's supposed to use the image element CheckTick, but doesn't seem to work.

dgbx

I'm sorry.  I know nothing abut skinning.  It's a great skin as is, so no worries.

SimonBRT

Alright.  Thanks Thorbjorn.  I plan to make a few minor revisions to the skin soon so i'll see if i can figure it out then...

bluejacketinredplease

I feel like a total noob asking this, and I am, but, how can I make my MusicBee look like the skin here? I already downloaded it and placed it in the skins folder, but when I select it from inside MusicBee I don't see the interfaca that is posted here. I see basically the same "basic" layout. What am I doing wrong?

beeing good

bluejacketinredplease, I had that problem the other day too but I can't remember how I solved it. Try redownloading the skin, restart MB and then select the skin again.

Thorbjorn

bluejacketinredplease maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if you mean that the layout doesn't change then that's intended. Only the colors change when you use a different skin. You can go to 'View->Quick Layout' to try out some different interfaces. They can be further customised in the preferences.

bluejacketinredplease

bluejacketinredplease maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if you mean that the layout doesn't change then that's intended. Only the colors change when you use a different skin. You can go to 'View->Quick Layout' to try out some different interfaces. They can be further customised in the preferences.

Ah ok, I see. That's where I was getting lost then, I was trying to basically recreate the same look, you know lyrics on the side and controls up top along with album art to the left, all using only the skin. I'm going to play around with different looks and see what I can come up with. I've already moved the controls. This could very well be the most customizable player ever  ;D

SimonBRT

New version up with re-worked player bar.  See opening post.  The skin now looks much better when not using the flat-player.  Huge credit to Mikebo for the inspiration.  Now-playing pop-up also fixed.  Also removed the alternating row lines (feedback on this would be welcome, I wasn't completely sure about this change).
Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:38:56 AM by SimonBRT

theASDF

your skin looks really great. but the player bar is not customized for me (see link). maybe someone here can help me, thanks in advance

Glad you like the skin!  This is a fair point, I have not really spent much time on the regular player bar at all as I don't use it.  Have you tried the flatplayer?  I think it looks nicer and this is what the skin has been optimised for...

i simply didnt know that a flat layout existed, looks great in both ways know anyway. :)

Maleko12

Also removed the alternating row lines (feedback on this would be welcome, I wasn't completely sure about this change).

Finally! I actually like this change. I wasn't a fan of them, but I understood it was a .NET issue. How were you able to circumvent that issue?

SimonBRT

Finally! I actually like this change. I wasn't a fan of them, but I understood it was a .NET issue. How were you able to circumvent that issue?

Glad you like the change, its definitely growing on me and I think I'll stick with it.  Not sure about a .NET issue?  As far as I am aware its always been up to the skin creator whether to have the alternating rows or not.  Before Steven implemented the option to add fine row dividing lines however I had always felt a single block colour background didn't make for easy reading.

SimonBRT

Updated skin.  See opening post for details.

beeing good

Thanks Simon, I really like this skin and appreciate that you keep it updated.

I was just looking at your screenshot and I'm amazed at your playlist section, it's so organised! It's inspired me to get some order in to mine  :D

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Thanks SimonBRT. I like the updated spectrum colours.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together