Author Topic: A Brighter Bee  (Read 39045 times)

MJMike

Hi Simon!

I see in your screenprints thay you don't have a menu bar at the top of your screen...

It is where I see in your screen the yellow Musicbee logo and text....

I'm trying to get a screenprint here to clarify to you, but not so succesfull still...

Mike

SimonBRT

I think I know what you mean.  This...?

Try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?h35l4l1az860dh3
I didn't go all white as I felt it was a little too harsh...

Steven

• Administrator

MJMike

Simon, Yup ... the 9_1 test works great for me, totally white not needed...  thanks!

Steven... struggling thru the info. on screenprints... thanks!

Mike

SimonBRT

New version in opening post.  Several minor tweaks and an update to use the new tab in caption bar elements.  I always use MB with the flat player docked at top so most my time has gone into this look.  Thanks to the new updates by Steven I've been able to add a continuous gradient through the player bar and up into the active tab which I think is a definite visual improvement on the current version.  You will need one of the most recent beta's for this to work though.  You can get that here: http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

lnminente

Hi SimonBRT! I have downloaded your skin and i have changed the value for bg of the inactive tabs on caption bar, in case you like this is the value i gave it:
  <element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarTop.Default" bg="165,165,165" fg="30,30,30" bdr="40,40,40" />

Very nice and clean! I like the effect of the grey shades with the yellow colour :)

SimonBRT

Hi lnminente!  Thanks for the feedback and glad you like the skin.  I have tried your suggestion and agree it looks good with skinned borders.  However, I tend to use MB with Aero borders and I feel your value is a little dark for non-skinned borders.  I agree that inactive tabs could be a bit darker to differentiate them though, so I'll look to do that next time I update the skin....

SimonBRT

Absolutely a lovely skin!
Thanks Greb!  Means a lot coming from yourself.  If it wasn't for your amazing theatre modes I still wouldn't even know what an xml file was!

theASDF

your skin looks really great. but the player bar is not customized for me (see link). maybe someone here can help me, thanks in advance

http://i.imgur.com/1FVAE.png

SimonBRT

your skin looks really great. but the player bar is not customized for me (see link). maybe someone here can help me, thanks in advance

Glad you like the skin!  This is a fair point, I have not really spent much time on the regular player bar at all as I don't use it.  Have you tried the flatplayer?  I think it looks nicer and this is what the skin has been optimised for...

If you want to keep using the regular player though, let me know and I will look to do some work to improve it when I get chance...

On an unrelated note, if you want your image to appear in the post itself see this post: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.0

Greb

Thanks Greb!  Means a lot coming from yourself.  If it wasn't for your amazing theatre modes I still wouldn't even know what an xml file was!

Thanks for it!  :)  But seriously, it's a great skin. Since I tried it, it's the only one I'm using  :)

ShawnS

It's gorgeous, I just found MusicBee yesterday and spent the day going through themes and settings and yours is my favorite. The little touch of yellow here and there is perfect! Thank you.

dgbx

Hi SimonBRT,

I've started using this very nice skin and I have one comment/suggestion.  When downloading tracks from music blogs, the check mark that appears when the download has successfully finished is white - very close to the background color.  Could that be changed to maybe the same color as the down arrow which shows download in progress?

Thanks