Author Topic: Custom Views  (Read 20801 times)

Zak

• Global Moderator
The confusion will probably mostly arise from users wondering sooner or later what happened to there carefully created and saved presets.
Naming it copy instead of save will not prevent that.
This.

If I spend an hour getting my view "just right", I will then save it because I want to be able to return to that view at a later time. If MusicBee automatically saves all further changes, returning to the view I (thought I had) saved is no longer possible.

The less irritating/frustrating behaviour would be for MusicBee to just discard any further changes unless I ask for them to be saved again*. As a user I'm going to less annoyed by "Oops, I forgot to save my settings, now I have to do them again" than "What the ____? What happened to the settings I saved before?! That's not the view I saved!! Grrr!1!". The first one is my fault, the second is the program's fault.

*And no, prompting me with "Your view settings have changed since you last saved them? Discard all recent changes?  Yes | No" every time I change something is neither less irritating nor frustrating.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
i have added custom view support for playlists and library filters, so you can now choose to set a playlist or filter to a specific custom view
also the custom views now remember the (album/artist) grouping that is set on the Artwork layout
its in the next update

Steven

• Administrator