Author Topic: Where to find the default MB skin xml source file?  (Read 11247 times)

jistme

The hardest part in skinning for me seems already to be in step 1:
Where to find xml source files....

Originally I wanted to use SteelAndBee as a starting point, but the creator of that skin seems no longer active, and links are dead.
Now wanting to choose the default MB skin to start with, I can also not find the xml source file for that one. (it's also not on niblseed I believe?)

Or else is there maybe a way to convert xmlc to xml?

Rotem K.

SteelaAndBee source files.

The default skin XML file is the the skins folder in your MusicBee installation folder.
You can download the latest beta release, and find it there if it's missing from your folder.

jistme

Thnx for your ultra-fast response Rotem, but both your link to SteelAndBee, and the files in MB skin folders are all xmlc files, not xml.
Am I overlooking something?

Rotem K.

Sorry, it is missing and the default skin is XMLC for a long time now too, I didn't realized..

I have this Old Default XML file but I can't guarantee it's any good, for some reason I can't change my MusicBee skin.. anyway you can check it out.

Also you should PM Steven and ask him about the Default skin's XML. surly he'll have it.

jistme

Thnx Rotem, I'll just start with this one to see if I am any good at this at all.

Rotem K.

cartman005

The source to my skin beeTunes is here if it will help at all as a reference.

jistme

Thnx, got it cartman005.
Probably a good reference indeed looking at the work you did.

(just a pity iTunes is not really my taste...  ;-)

Steven

• Administrator
this is the source skin file for the default MusicBee skin:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ybowuutez869r66

however its not a bitmap based skin. Its a shame the SteelAndBee author is not around to provide the source file he used