Author Topic: New view in Windows Task Switcher (ALT+TAB)  (Read 6469 times)

HHM

When we switch between tasks using alt+tab, what we see is program miniature with it's icon in the right-bottom (in Windows 7).
But in MusicBee's case what we see is kind of Task Bar miniature. Since this view is unskinned and looks much different than the program itself (especially if you have your own skin), I find it misleading and difficult to find MB using alt+tab, as what I expect to see is "small version" of MB's main window.

Is there an option to show MB's miniature as in case of any other program?

cartman005

I believe that Steven has looked into fixing this in the past but it is an issue with .NET.

paq

No, howver you can choose to show artwork of the currently playing track instead ( Preferences > Layout > Taskbar Player > Show Artwork only )

Maybe that will make it easier to find.

HHM

Thx, that's helpful!

Remarkable thing - sometimes when MB freezes (what actually shouldn't happen...) for a while, after using alt-tab the regular miniature of the whole MB window shows up (as I'd love it to be) instead of taskbar view!

HHM

OK, got some new thoughts about it:

The option to show artwork only helps, but I was always curious why the art of MB is shown with the window frames - it would look so much nicer without those frames and the artwork could be much bigger!

I'm unable to make a printscreen of task switcher window, however recently I started to use BetterDesktopTool (useful app for managing windows and desktops) and in it's windows switcher MB looks bad:

On the left bottom you can see MB's window - but it's really tiny and almost unvisible.
In the upper middle you can also notice that I had MB's prefs opened - and this window is showed properly (if anyone asked - withoud prefs window opened MB's window is tiny as well).

Can anything be done about it?
Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:17:34 PM by HHM

quBit

Ended up here after looking up the issue. Would love to see this changed for easier Task Switching.

Steven

• Administrator
Preferences/ Layout(2)/ taskbar player/ untick "show playing track details in taskbar popup window"