Author Topic: Remove the embedded web browser  (Read 11756 times)

HHM

I bump this thread cause I came to my mind once again that I'd really prefer to use my own browser - with all my adblock, plugins, mouse gestures etc.

Take the "playing track" tab panel for instance.
I don't use it as a separate tab, but as a small panel at the bottom of main panel.
I use last.fm bio very often, as there is an option for showing biography only, without last.fm's formatting. Clean and handy:

On the other hand - I never click on the rest of tabs (wikipedia, youtube, songfacts). With this small panel size  I use it's uncomfortable. I'd need to scroll a lot or resize the panel and then, after the reading, scale it back down:

So the result is that I don't use these tabs - if I need to read about a song, I go to songfacts on my own webbrowser.

HOWEVER
I totally understand the fact some people find the MB's integrated browser useful.

SO
would there be an option to set it according to own preferences? As a default behavior it could work with the integrated browser, I'd just love the option that would allow me to redirect those tabs to my default browser.
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:36:27 PM by HHM

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1 for redirect to default browser, especially links in track info panel, etc.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

vzell

HHM

Could any admin move last messages from this thread (beginning f.e. from  my message dated 08 Pa?dziernik 2014, 18:11:55) to  the Wishlist? With the title "Redirect to the default browser".

I guess the current thred " Remove the embedded web browser" is misleading. At least it's not what we here are discussing about :)