Author Topic: Click artist's name to view all albums/tracks by that artist  (Read 3329 times)

Sigma

I'm sorry for recommending another MediaMonkey feature, but I should say that it only took about an hour of using MusicBee to decide it was superior to MM and switch - I just miss one or two MM features is all.  ;D

Currently in MusicBee when I'm browsing in Artwork view, if I left click on the artist name or the album name it pops up a list of all of the album tracks. The pop up list of album tracks is useful, so you could have it so that clicking the album name still brings that up, but clicking the artist name brings up all albums by that artist.

paq

In Artwork view, you can choose to group by Artist (right-click where it says "Albums grouped by...").

Then when you click the artist name, a list of all albums belonging to that artist will show. However, there will now only be one artwork per artist, rather than album.

In the view "Albums and Tracks", and "Track detail", you can middle-click fields to filter the view by that field. So, to be consistent, it would be nice if this was also possible in Artwork view.

Steven

• Administrator
while not rejecting any of this, you can currently right click/ Search.../ Find Artist 'xxxx'

Sigma

while not rejecting any of this, you can currently right click/ Search.../ Find Artist 'xxxx'
Yeah, that does the exact same thing, but having this as an option just makes it even simpler. Left-click album name for track list. Left-click artist name to see all music by that artist. If it was optional, then people could turn it off, because the only down side to that IMO is people mistakenly clicking the artist name when they wanted to click the track name.

BTW, regarding the pop-up track listing, would it be possible to do something like this? - You have added the Queue Next and Queue Last options to the bottom of the track listing, so if you want to do one of those things you basically have to bring up a duplicate track listing. Instead of that, would it be possible to have 2 icons to the left of each track on the regular pop-up track listing, one that does "next" and one that does "last"? Then you would just click the track name to play it, or click one of those icons to queue it next or last. I think it would work really well, if it's possible, and it would simplify the process even further.

Steven

• Administrator
In the view "Albums and Tracks", and "Track detail", you can middle-click fields to filter the view by that field. So, to be consistent, it would be nice if this was also possible in Artwork view.
i have added support for middle clicking the fields under artwork so the behavior is consistent with other layouts