Author Topic: Unblock Files / Plugins  (Read 9821 times)

Adroit

When trying to enable plugins I was getting the error that the plugin might be blocked and I should go to the plugin, right click > properties > select 'unblock'.

However, it would immediately block the file again.  I did a quick search and found a solution.  When you download the .zip file, unblock the .zip file itself before unzipping and copying to the plugins folder.  This will unblock all files contained in the .zip

Steven

• Administrator
i find using 7-zip requires no extra steps and the files are always unblocked once unzipped

silasje1

Winrar has this... but not really annoying anyways.
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Adroit

I generally just open zip files through windows explorer and I'm sure many others are the same and will encounter this problem.  Hence, topic.  Thanks for the other suggestions.

9ido

go to properties of the file, select security tab, and change the permission to full access for the current user. then you can unblock it, and it will not change back after that.

cheers,
guido.
Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:52:36 PM by 9ido

Nath316

alternatively if you are on windows open up a powershell terminal navigate to the appropriate directory and run the following command

get-childitem -Recurse | unblock-file

this will run through all the files in that folder and unblock them