Author Topic: Audiophile setup...... with MB's volume control!  (Read 3465 times)

Wim

Hi everyone,

I'm using a very modern, fantastic fully digital line up: W7P, MB (Wasapi), Musical Fidelity V-Link 192, S/PDIF, K+H O300D.
It sounds OK, but somewhere I need to adjust the volume control in a decent way, so I was advised to switch to MB.
I came across a few problems to which I hope to find an answer here:
1: the VC in MB is a bit too course and the logarithmic mode doesn't function with Wasapi. It is, what we call in Holland, a matter of "ant-tickling" to adjust it.
2: Making user defined buttons is a fantastic option! But these buttons also are far too course to make it functional for daily use.
3: I try to use a Griffin Powermate (so I have a real and solid "knob") to adjust it. Unfortunately it only sees the Windows mixer volume control and short keys, but...:
4: The necessary short key for volume changes is Alt+Ctrl+UP/DOWN, but these short keys have priority in my motherboard to switch my monitor upside down....

Question: Can I change the volume control parameters to be more detailed?
Question: Can I change the short keys for the volume control so I can use the Powermate?

Please don't advise me to buy a DAC with an analogue volume control.... :) :) :) :)

Thanks in advance!

Wim de Gelder

Wim

Hi everyone, it now is 4 years later and I still am very pleased with my fully digital audiophile setup. I even donated $100 a few years ago....
Now I just installed MB version 3.0. First I had a course solution with the mouse-over on the bottom panel to control my volume, version 3 has changed to pointing exact on the volume slider to control it. This is extremely uncomfortable!
Can this be changed back to the former situation?
Is there (I repeat the question...) a possibillity to cut the volume steps in half or in quarters?
Thanks in advance,

Wim de Gelder

Steven

• Administrator
i am not really understanding what exactly you think has changed with the volume slider. Which version of MB were you using before? And can you restate the issue, especially this bit here: "version 3 has changed to pointing exact on the volume slider to control it"

Wim

Hi Steven, thanks for your prompt reaction!
I think I had 2.5. Wherever I pointed my mouse in the bottom panel (in the top section, lower section, extreme left or extreme right) I could control the volume with my scroll wheel. So wether I pointed on the progress indicator, the start/next/previous or pause buttons, it allways worked.
Beside this some minor problems (maybe I should open a new topic). I work with 3000 playlistst (a heritige from 12 years ago...) If I now make a new playlist it doesn't organise itself alfabetically and I have to press F5. Renaming the playlist's name doesn't work. Making a new one solves this of course.
Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
yes it does appear the mouse wheel behavior is inconsistent with v2.5 so i have changed it. Also re-sorting the playlists is something i have been meaning to address. Its done now:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MusicBee is installed

Wim

Thanks! Both playlist organisation and volume control work fine. You at MB are fantastic.....

Kindest regards from Holland, Wim de Gelder.