Author Topic: More hotkeys - (Search, Delete, remove)  (Read 3097 times)

ashash

Hi I really love the ability to customise hotkeys a whole lot  ;D

One thing I notice myself doing a lot of times is Search -> find artist "xxx"  or similar or album. Would be nice to have a hotkey for that (unless there's already one but I can't find it)

I'd also like to suggest having separate hotkeys for delete: Delete song from library and Delete song from library and computer (Which I'll set to Delete and Shift + Delete just like for Windows Explorer)

Thank you

HHM

+1  for the search option - right now a universal command for searching (ctrl+F) opens a custom search window. would be great if ctrl+f was moving you to search field in main window, so that it was possible to star searching not touching a mouse.

(In Opera web browser apart from the ctrl+f shortcut there's another one, more convenient for me: searching starts with "." key, so fe. to find MusicBee you just enter .musicbee. how about making "." key moving us to the search field?)
Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:36:06 PM by HHM

cartman005

The search setting is already possible under the Hotkey settings. Its not in front of me but look for a Search: Search box focus or something like that. And for delete, I don't understand what you mean. Can't you already press delete or Shift + delete on a song?

HHM

Thx cartman, you are right, it's as "general: goto text search box".

ashash

The search setting is already possible under the Hotkey settings. Its not in front of me but look for a Search: Search box focus or something like that. And for delete, I don't understand what you mean. Can't you already press delete or Shift + delete on a song?

:O I was looking for that function among the hotkeys but couldnt find it.. my bad

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was also just looking for Delete hotkeys, and didn't find them.  Would be nice if they were shown in the list, even if they weren't editable.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)