Author Topic: 'queue next' after the album?  (Read 3481 times)

9cupsoftea

This is a minor quibble, but I like to have all options configured for selecting playing by albums. I have settings set to shuffle by album, and use the 'play now' command to start playing so I randomly play different albums sequentially. The thing is, when I choose an album to 'queue next' the album plays after the current song rather than the current album. Could there be an option for it to be after the album?

I also really liked the 'play' option over album art to play the album and then segue into other albums (as my shuffle settings are set) rather than stop at the end, but I think this was changed a while back anyway and you probably don't want to change it back.

Sorry if I didn't explain this problem very clearly  :-\

Sigma

This is a minor quibble, but I like to have all options configured for selecting playing by albums. I have settings set to shuffle by album, and use the 'play now' command to start playing so I randomly play different albums sequentially. The thing is, when I choose an album to 'queue next' the album plays after the current song rather than the current album. Could there be an option for it to be after the album?
I agree and the "queue next" option does not work as intended, at least in the latest version that Steven uploaded here: -

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6561.msg37900#msg37900

With that version, let's say that you have 3 albums each with 3 tracks on  them (just to keep it simple). You play album one, so your now playing list looks like this: -

1. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 1 <----This track is playing
2. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 2
3. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 3

If you use "queue next" to add album 2 to the list, this happens, which is what you're complaining about: -

1. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 1 <---This track is still the one playing
2. ALBUM 2 - TRACK 1 <---ALBUM 2 has been inserted here as it doesn't treat ALBUM 1 as a full album
3. ALBUM 2 - TRACK 2
4. ALBUM 2 - TRACK 3
5. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 2
6. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 3

So it's not treating the album as an album, BUT, if you then use the "queue next" option again for album 3, this happens: -

1. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 1 <---This track is still the one playing
2. ALBUM 2 - TRACK 1
3. ALBUM 2 - TRACK 2
4. ALBUM 2 - TRACK 3
5. ALBUM 3 - TRACK 1 <---This time it inserts ALBUM 3 after ALBUM 2 (treating ALBUM 2 as a full album), but this should not happen!
6. ALBUM 3 - TRACK 2
7. ALBUM 3 - TRACK 3
8. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 2
9. ALBUM 1 - TRACK 3

So album 3 then gets added after album 2, even though you chose "queue next", but both get added in the middle of album 1.

Sorry if that just confuses matters further, lol, but this is an easy thing to show someone, but hard to explain in words!