Author Topic: Album Ratings  (Read 6433 times)

V4lve

How about supporting Album Rating (as separate from Track Rating) and allowing it to be shown and set from the main panel under the album art.

Steven

• Administrator
included in the latest 1.2 beta - see the notes for instructions.

john6555

any way for this to be stored in the tag instead of the MB library?

the track ratings seem to be stored in the MB library right now too -- i removed the track ratings on an album and added an album rating instead, but when i switch to a different library containing that album, the track ratings aren't removed (even on re-scan), and the album rating doesn't show up.
Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:09:39 AM by john6555

Steven

• Administrator
the track ratings are stored to file tags so i guess its not removing track ratings when you set to not rated - i will check it out
album ratings - the only reason i'm not saving is because there isnt any standard that i am aware of for album ratings although i could make one up!
Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:41:50 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not having any problems with removing a track rating and having the tag removed from the music file - are you sure you didnt set it 'no stars' rather than 'unrated'?.
i'll change it to save album rating using the suggested tag though
Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:33:27 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

john6555

i'm not having any problems with removing a track rating and having the tag removed from the music file - are you sure you didnt set it 'no stars' rather than 'unrated'?.
i'll change it to save album rating using the suggested tag though
the tag is removed, but the rating stays behind in other libraries. let's see if i can clarify:

"Library 1" and "Library 2" both contain "Album A". The tracks on "Album A" were all rated as 4 stars, but while i'm in "Library 1" i change it to "unrated" and apply an album rating of 4 stars instead. now i go to "Library 2" and rescan existing files, but the track rating is still 4 stars, even though the track rating tag is removed. album ratings do refresh automatically when switching libraries, although there seems to be a delay now when switching libraries perhaps because of this refresh.

let me know if that's clear as mud... !

Steven

• Administrator
i see its not synching the track rating, so this should fix that:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmjzottwexy

there is a small delay as it does file 'up-to-date' checking in the background after startup

V4lve