Author Topic: Unfavorite list  (Read 7018 times)

vinki

As far as I know other popular players do not have this feature.
If your taste changes (I believe it will not happen quite often), you should be able to modify that database.

Steven says that this feature is already working, unfortunately he does not go into the details explaining how to do it. Maybe I am stupid, but I cannot follow his directions and get it working :-[.

Steven

• Administrator
if you ban a track then it gets automatically skipped from playback - however on your further explanation perhaps you also want the file physically deleted in which case thats not what the "ban" does.
To ban a track, display the "Love" field in the main panel and when you click it with the SHIFT key held down it will ban the track instead. Same for when the Love field is displayed in the player panel.
It works best if you have a last.fm account but can be used without an account, but the data is only stored in the musicbee cache

Kaelri

Is this really a common scenario? I'm just curious. I can see the value of a "ban" list when you're streaming from online services like Last.fm or Pandora, where you don't know what song is coming next. But why would you be re-importing so many tracks that you've already listened to and removed? Where are they coming from?

vinki

Is this really a common scenario? I'm just curious. I can see the value of a "ban" list when you're streaming from online services like Last.fm or Pandora, where you don't know what song is coming next. But why would you be re-importing so many tracks that you've already listened to and removed? Where are they coming from?
The simplest example: you download full discography of one artist (all his/her albums) and you do sorting out what you like and what you don't; if you listen to one song and decide you don't like it, you wont need to listen to it again (and among hundredths of albums it will definitely be repeated).

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think the question being asked is:
If you have a song you dislike so much that you never want to hear it, why don't you just delete the file?

Then it's guaranteed to never get played, never reappear if you make a new library, and you get to use the disk space for something else.
Bee excellent to each other...

vinki

I think the question being asked is:
If you have a song you dislike so much that you never want to hear it, why don't you just delete the file?

Then it's guaranteed to never get played, never reappear if you make a new library, and you get to use the disk space for something else.

Your suggestion will work only and only if 1) you have all the albums released from all artists on you 1 Zettabyte hard drive and 2) you plan never to get new albums from this point onward. This way, if you don't like one song, you find all the albums where it was released and delete it from there. But as those two assumptions are not realistic, you suggestion does not work.