Author Topic: Roadmap & Wiki  (Read 7197 times)

silasje1

Silas, I would love to help with a Wiki over the summer. We could use something like wikihost.org.
I think we got ourselfs a small team already. We can use that hosting yes or wikia.com
I got exams this year so im trying to make some time.

The wikia thing is not good. Trying some others now

EDIT:

found a good and clear wiki host. It will ask me to give permission to users to edit and thus ensuring quality.

http://musicbee.pbworks.com

Check it out and give some suggestions :)

If you want to edit things just apply for user permissions or PM me with your email and i will send a invitation
Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:25:52 PM by Silas Arentsen (Silasje1)
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Alexis

I cannot begin to tell you how much i wanted to ask you of the other jobs you may be involved in, but it would have been inappropriate and rude...but man...I have never seen any program development that tackle problems and enhancement with apparent ease as you have  demonstrated (Judging from the time of problem report to  the fix).. PLUS the development of this program imo has been extremely fast.  (may not seem that way to others that have been here all this time, but I saw the project in its infancy and was absolutely shocked when i came back to look at it last year).  I just could not  imagine companies not wanting to hold you hostage, because foe one, it is obvious you have great work ethic... and then the incredible skills.

Anyway, though I personally like the roadmap idea, the product seems relatively mature now that it may indeed be a distraction.  However, a more important reason why it may not be effective is that I think that Steven does a lot off of feedback from the community.... how can one effectively roadmap our random thoughts and if possible, how would they flow?

Re WIKI:  Programming is not even remotely a part of my field or skill.. as a matter of fact, I deal with finance.  However, it would be an honor for me to contribute whatever I can to the project, if nothing else, offer panoramic point of view.

Silas:   Would you consider putting a topic for external wiki or something like that when  you are ready?  Thank you very much.
Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:42:39 PM by BeeFanatic
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alexis

I am planning to work on an image slide of  the basic features of Musicbee.  I do not know how long that would take me, as it will be something new for me, but thought that may be a good way of giving an overall view of musicbee's basic features that are often asked here.  I welcome any ideas or snapshots...  or collaboration.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

lnminente

(Have renamed the thread from "Roadmap" to "Roadmap & wiki" to make it easier to find)

silasje1

I am planning to work on an image slide of  the basic features of Musicbee.  I do not know how long that would take me, as it will be something new for me, but thought that may be a good way of giving an overall view of musicbee's basic features that are often asked here.  I welcome any ideas or snapshots...  or collaboration.

I will make screenshots too :) It will be much more clearer than the text only.
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin