Author Topic: Tag Info screensaver  (Read 18744 times)

jistme

I was wishing and looking for a way to be able to quickly view all important tags and file properties in one screen.
This for the main purpose of checking if tags are filled in correctly, and to evaluate the quality of the albumart.

The best way to get something like this done is probably by creating a specific plugin, or just by simply asking Steven ;-)
Since I can't program, and don't want to bother or interrupt Steven too much, I gave it a shot to try and create this by means of the existing  screensaver plugin.

I must say I am quite self-content with the result thus far. Just one hotkey click and I see most wanted information.

A few notes:

- I created it for my 2048x1152 screen, so some adjustments might be required for 1080p screens.
   (edit: added 1920x1200 and 1280x1024 versions)
- Some fields in the screenshot are working only because my customized tags, your result will depend and vary on this.
- Other fields like 'Filename', 'Image Size', ReplayGain' etc. are not working at all. Maybe because of my lacking in skills, maybe because support for this is not existent or intended for this plugin.

Please let me know when you like/use this, or have suggestions to improve.

download 'Tag Info' screensaver

Edit:
Since my custom tag use will very likely differ from anybody else's, here's a small tutorial how to personalize:

Open the .xml file in an editor (e.g. notepad++)

Suppose that after Track Title, you want your 'custom tag 5' named Title Sort Order displayed.
In that case, in line 29 change "C3      Work" to "C5      Title Sort",
and in line 30 replace "Custom3" by "Custom5".

Also you can add or remove lines, and change positions of all fields through their x and y values.

Good luck!
Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:41:03 PM by jistme

silasje1

Very nice work!!! But i think it will look ugly when you have a really bad tagged song :P but this is a very nice variation
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

jistme

Thnx!

In this case it is actually intended to show ugliness. (but it does it in a nice manner :-)

silasje1

Any chance on a 1080p version? Not that i would use it since i dont have so good tagged albums :P

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

lynott

Could you please explain what field you edited, and how, to display "trackcount"?

Thanks in advance :)

Alainn

I like this a lot!

Also, thanks for the extras in the comments of the xml-file, that's been really useful.

jistme

Thanks Alainn, nice to hear that it's appreciated and you have use for it.
The comments are Steven's though, I can't take credit for those.

I see I failed to follow this thread;
@ Silas & Lynott,
Are your requests still actual?

silasje1

i dont use it much... but go ahead if you want :) i wont use it probaly

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

redwing

Really strange. That download problem's happening again. This is what I see when I clicked on your link.

Tried multiple times with no avail. Any thought?

jistme

I just tried and have the same problem (both IE and Firefox)

SpiderOak has as as main objective to be very secure.
I chose them for that, for the desktop utility which does most things I want, and a minimum of intrusive adverts on the download page.
They seem to have some challenges though, one of them being maybe a little bit to secured ;-)

I'm sure it will be working soon again. For the meantime this is the MediaFire link for this file.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?afkcs2n4sfxsou8

redwing

That's good to know, and I'm relieved. Thanks for the upload!

jistme

Improved and updated with implementation of extended number of custom tags.

Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:39:12 PM by jistme

boroda

jistme

jistme, thank you. Wonderful screensaver!

You're welcome! (glad to give something back once in a while ;-)
As I stated it's created for my own (quite rare) display resolution.
Let me know if you would like it for another resolution, I'll make another version then.

lnminente

I would like to use it in my screen, but i won't ask you to do it as i prefer a definitive solution. See wish #12: End with screen size fragmentation for TM in the thread Simplicity and consistency  http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8795.0