Author Topic: Keep .cue file when reorganizing songs  (Read 5176 times)

butler360

When I do Send to-->Folder (Reorganize), it works perfectly except if there's a .cue file, or any file besides album art, it gets left behind in the previous folder. I'm not sure if this is feasible, but is there any way to make sure the .cue file is moved along with the songs? Or, for that matter, any other files in the folder (sometimes a digital album comes with a PDF version of the booklet)?

Steven

• Administrator
it isnt a problem to include any file with the same name as the file being moved

Steven

• Administrator
did it definately not move the .cue files? Looking at the code i have already implemented that (but only if its the same name as the album file being moved)

butler360

Yes, it did leave them behind. I imported about 5 albums the other day that had .cue files and they were the name of the album and they got left behind in the old folder. How strict is the naming convention? Does it have to match exactly, with capital letters and such? And is (ARTIST) - (ALBUM).cue supposed to work also?

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed the logic and it should work for cuesheets and any other associated files with the same filename. I'll include in the next update

butler360

Great, thanks! By the way, will this also delete the remaining folder if it's empty?

Steven

• Administrator
i've done this in the latest 1.2 beta. Just saw your last question - not sure! I do have folder cleanup logic but i dont recall right now whether it is invoked only in certain cirucumstances (eg. maybe only library re-organisation)