Author Topic: BeeFanatic: Learning Theater Mode Modification  (Read 67342 times)

Alexis

I made the changes you suggested.

http://www.mediafire.com/?21bviwaiso6d834
I appended a 3, so you can have it alone with the other one until u decide how to tweak it.

The following line does the album, cover:  The higher the neg number on the y axis, the higher the image moves.. the smaller the x axis number, the  more left it goes.

<element type="AlbumCover" x="3" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-305"  width="300" height="300" min="300" max="300" brightness="1.0" ></element>

I am not sure why the lyrics is not being hidden for you when you move the mouse over the middle... whatever the case, should be the same behavior as what happens for the one Steven set up.  I am not proficient enough  to fix it if it is not working.  I am  learning.

I just noticed that they actually rotate... I am very excited, so will work on that later... thanks for the  work Steven.

They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alexis

2. The default "Artist Pictures (Gallery from Flickr)" from Steven's "TheaterMode_Plugin.zip" has the rotation (now from Last.fm despite the name), unfortunatelly I'm unable to lacate what's responsible for this function.

UPDATE: Steven just put the solution in post above:) (though I'm still fighting with implementing it:)) Thx, Steven!

I am also unable to do it, so what I  will likely do later is modify a copy of his file.  I copied the element and replaced the one that was in there, but I do not know where to go from there to get it to work.

Steven

• Administrator
this is what you need to get artist rotation working:
the artist gallery is in the "Artist Pictures (Gallery from Flickr).xml" file

<element type="Gallery" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-280" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="255,10,10,10" fade="0.0" interval="15" tags="artist" ></element>
all you need to do is replace the existing ArtistPicture or Gallery element

HHM

I am not sure why the lyrics is not being hidden for you when you move the mouse over the middle... whatever the case, should be the same behavior as what happens for the one Steven set up.  I am not proficient enough  to fix it if it is not working.  I am  learning.

ok - now I get it. I thought that the cursor disappears while in the middle of the screen:) and this is about lyrics panel (as for this one - works ok, it hides)

Alexis

I got the artist picture rotation to work, Thanks Steven..   honestly,   this is far beyond what i thought was even possible, so all of these extras are just mind-blowing..but the artist rotation and lyrics were things I hoped for.  I am very grateful.

I will spend some more time on it this evening.  What I used to get was while the artist picture was loading, i used to get a landscape image would  show up in the  mean time, but I  lost that with the addition of the rotating picture fix.  I am working and trying to do these, so I am likely overlooking something simple.

Will clean things up later and post a final image.

Steven

• Administrator
FYI, you might find these 2 things useful for your layout
- an indicator for whether lyrics are available be set by naming any element "#LyricsStatus". If the current track has lyrics the fg2 colour will be used
Code
<element name="#LyricsStatus" type="Text" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-20" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-63" font="Arial" style="Bold" size="9" fg="0,79,24,22" fg2="230,230,230">L</element>
  - an element can contain a "onDoubleClick" attribute and on double clicking the element, an action is performed. Supported values:  OpenNowPlayingAssistant   eg. onDoubleClick="OpenNowPlayingAssistant". See the Landscapes example for it being applied where you double click on the upcoming track section

Alexis

A copy is here for anyone interested.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bxh3ps8ab3s8xuf

-Made the Album art a bit smaller...250x250.
-Clicking on or in the vicinity of 'NowPlaying list'  brings up the now playing assistant.
-When there is no Lyrics,  the words 'has lyrics' fades out.  I should actually change it to just highlight 'no lyrics' when none is found.

Issue:  Would like to regain landscape views when  it is searching for artist or when there is no artist.

Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:39:51 AM by BeeFanatic

Steven

• Administrator
Issue:  Would like to regain landscape views when  it is searching for artist or when there is no artist.
you need to either have an image the same name as the template or used the shared one via settings
<settings backgroundImage="Default Landscape.jpg" />

HHM

-Made the Album art a bit smaller...250x250.
-Clicking on or in the vicinity of 'NowPlaying list'  brings up the now playing assistant.
-When there is no Lyrics,  the words 'has lyrics' fades out.  I should actually change it to just highlight 'no lyrics' when none is found.

Great job once again!
Clicking Now Playing Assistant is not working in my case though:(
As for lyrics - it's better with fading out imho (it is more vivid when sign appears only when there are lyrics), but I'd suggest changing "has lyrics" to "lyrics">>>shorter and simplier:)

HHM

btw - found a small bug . when title/artist name of playing track is too long, it goes on the right "Up next" field (can it be because of my smaller screen resolution?):

HHM

btw2 it also shows that - imho - adequate title/artist/time fields on Now Playing and Up Next sides should be on the same level.

Alexis

Oh man, that is a mess...I do not know how to fix that for you.  :(.  Can you modify it for your screen and let me see if it works for me?

Thanks Steven, I did that and it works.  Well, I just added an image with the same name, but I thought the wouldblikebtobreference the landscape settings that seems to pull landscape images from the web.

HHM

modifying: enableScaling="true" doesn't help, dunno what else could i try to change to fix it

and another bug, this time with lyrics panel (right bottom):

Steven

• Administrator
Clicking Now Playing Assistant is not working in my case though:(
thats my fault and will be corrected in the next plugin update

HHM

and see - in the last screenshot - that "has lyrics" signature disappeared
Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:33:57 PM by HHM