Author Topic: Archive Folder  (Read 4686 times)

V4lve

Hi.

I have a lot of dupes of my files, FLAC for archive and MP3 for playing.  Would really like not show the FLAC files out of my music library folder (to avoid showing the dupes) but be able to get at them if I need to create new mp3s.  Was thinking a separate "archive" folder might be a useful way to do this.  It would allow me to id the file types that should only appear in it.

Ta

Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:27:48 PM by V4lve

Steven

• Administrator
the closest thing i can think of is creating a new library (either File/ New/ Library from the main menu or click the drop down by the Library header) where you add your FLAC files. Its very easy to switch between the 2 libraries when needed (again from the drop down by the Library header).
Would that work for you?

V4lve

That might work.

How do I tell MusicBee to scan only for certain file types?  My FLACs and Mp3s are in the same folders.

Steven

• Administrator
i've been meaning to add a file type filter to the scanner for ages and will do so but for now the easiest approach i can think would need to scan all in, add the '.ext' or 'file type' column in the main panel, sort and then remove the files you dont want

V4lve

Unfortunately it just adds them again because I am monitoring the folder they are in..

Steven

• Administrator
ok, i'll ensure the next update allows you to include file-type filtering. Usually i do updates once a week but the next one probably wont be until next year

Steven

• Administrator
filtering is included in the latest 1.2 beta