Author Topic: Oho Turtleneck  (Read 5489 times)

culot

This is a skin I started back last autumn and never finished. I still use it as my daily skin, it's not *that* unfinished. I found the MusicBee skinning system way too cumbersome and limiting to finish it though, it's too much of a struggle and too obtuse. It really needs a complete rewrite, from the ground up. The element titles are confusing and annoying, a reworking could give them meaningful titles that describe what they actually do, and not legacy functions that have been grandfathered into them. Once we get some new lifeblood into the skinning system I'd love to complete it and finish all my other incomplete skins. I'm excited for what v3.0 may bring! :D

Anyway, it was based on Ninta Turtle colors and my aim was a solid dark-yet-colorful skin. I haven't touched this in so long I really have forgotten much of what I was doing at the time I quit it. The XML shows remnants of the other turtle colors I was planning on implementing as separate skins but never got around to.

DOWNLOAD or not. (Zipped to preserve whitespace, for scannability.)

NOTE: The Artwork view is terribly incomplete and looks it. And the Compact view is a hodgepodge. It was literally not possible to get that looking like I wanted, thanks to lack of skinning flexibility.
Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:03:43 PM by culot

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks for sharing!

The good news is that with 3.0 on the way, the skinning system probably will have to be rewritten.  I too am hopeful that it becomes more intuitive.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

culot

Thanks for sharing!

The good news is that with 3.0 on the way, the skinning system probably will have to be rewritten.  I too am hopeful that it becomes more intuitive.

OMG do I ever look forward to that. An intuitive, well-thought-out skinning system would be a great joy to work with. I just downloaded the v3 demo now, I wonder if there's much new in skinning under the hood? Experimentation time! Viva la Bee-va!
Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:04:39 PM by culot