Author Topic: Batch "Mark as Having No Lyrics"?  (Read 9760 times)

Kaelri

Anyone know of a way to change the lyrics tag on a selection of tracks? I understand why the whole Lyrics tab doesn't show up, since having multiple songs with the same lyrics is rare, but it would be nice to mark a whole instrumental album at once instead of track-by-track.

paq

+1 Totally agree, maybe this would be better in the Wishlist board.

Although it seems rare to edit the lyrics for multiple tracks at the same time, it could be that one is editing songs and its covers and so on.

I would prefer to use the "Lyrics?" tag to mark instrumental songs rather than using up one custom tag for it.

On a side note I did some testing with the MusicBee's "search and replace tag" to see if I could write the "mark as not having lyrics"-value to the tag for multiple files but I couldn't get it to work.

ma_t14

You can already do this. Just select the tracks you want. Make sure the tab is set to "selected tracks"  and then right-click inside the tab and select "!mark as having no lyrics"

Kaelri

You can already do this. Just select the tracks you want. Make sure the tab is set to "selected tracks"  and then right-click inside the tab and select "!mark as having no lyrics"
Sorry, which "tab" are you referring to? I don't see anything like this in either the Edit dialog or the Tag Manager.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. The option appears in the Lyrics tab under "Track Information." Thanks for the tip!

That said, I would still suggest that a checkbox be placed somewhere in the Edit dialog when editing multiple files. The current method is not really intuitive or easy to find, especially if you don't have the Lyrics pane showing in your chosen layout.
Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:48:04 AM by Kaelri

tompeto

Currently MB only permits editing the Lyricist tag for one file at a time. Could the lyricist tag be included for multiple files editing?

Edit: I decided to use a custom tag for "lyrics by", it seems to me that the "lyricist" tag does not handle multiple values.
Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:16:05 PM by tompeto

paq

+1, together with the rest of the Lyrics tab of course :)

Because then it would be easier to batch "mark as having no lyrics" for example.

VX

When you select a single track and go to the Lyrics tab in the tag Editor alongside a lyricist and lyrics to edit you'll find the option
[] Mark as having no lyrics to tick.

However, when multiple files have been selected and the same steps followed to Edit lyrics, there is a lyricist only to edit.
What about the option '[] Mark as having no lyrics to tick' for editing multiple files  ???

If you have a lot of:
audiobooks,
podcasts,
mp3 courses,
instrumental,
relaxation
or classical music
that usually have no lyrics it would save a lot of time and effort to select all the tracks, go to the Lyrics tab in the Editor, tick [] Mark as having no lyrics and forget about ....Retrieving lyrics... for every single track in the Lyrics Pane in Compact Player...

A current solution is to apply this option for every single track one by one, which is a time-wasting activity.
Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:52:39 AM by VX

paq

You are not alone:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7735.0
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6026.0

There is actually a way to do it as of now, if Lyrics are shown in a tab where you can click "Playing Track" so it changes to "Selected Tracks", then you can right-click the lyrics area and select "Mark as having no lyrics" for multiple files.

However, I would be glad if I could even batch edit the lyrics themselves, for example when I have tracks which are covers or other tracks where multiple tracks have the same lyrics. Although this is not common, I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

VX

Thank you paq for finding the link to earlier requests about the feature.
I'm sure it would be very useful in many scenarios, not just the ones mentioned above.
There are quite a few genres/ types of audio files that need this enhancement more than others though.

lnminente