Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 209212 times)

Alexis

I can do that for him if he desires.  @ SimonBRTJust  tell me the style you are using that you prefer to see it in.  Or you can  go to this page and I can help walk you through the tweaking there if I can.

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6126.0

They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alexis

Feature request on integration:  

I think i asked about this before, but my memory is very bad.

In theatermode, an idea like where there is 'view, control, help'..add a one click  visible main player button or word.

I would really like to add  that  it seemed like a chore showing the individual  that they have to click on view, Main player to get out of theatermode.  I mentioned using esc, and they weren't impressed, I suggested assigning hotkeys and they laughed (I am myself not familiar enough with hotkeys  to use them, but more importantly, I am a mouse addict)

I know you do not want a crowded interface and i really do not want this  thing to go in that direction.  Just food for thought. I have also come to the realization  that it is not practical to have everything listed.

SimonBRT

SimonBRTJust  tell me the style you are using that you prefer to see it in.  Or you can  go to this page and I can help walk you through the tweaking there if I can.

thanks Steven for the advice and thanks BeeFanatic for the offer of help!  i'll have a go myself following stevens advice and if i cant make it work i may take you up on that offer!

In theatermode, an idea like where there is 'view, control, help'..add a one click  visible main player button or word.

i know steven is done with this plugin for now but i would definitely +1 the idea of having some kind of single-click exit from theatre view.

Steven

• Administrator
in fact i have done the close button:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip
and
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

also the screen saver menu item is now displayed in the Theater Mode sub-menu. Note that it can not be auto-activated in-place of the windows screen saver any more - it can only be activated manually or set to activate after x seconds of idle time

Alexis

Thank you thank you very much for the 'close' feature!

@SimonBRT, no problem at all.

Alexis

I just finished installing musicbee with theatermode on an XP pc. 
The .net requirement prompt and installation is simply fantastic.

I installed the first installable 2.0 beta beta (exe one), then dropped the last beta that has theatermode in it.  Doing that still required me to 'unblock' the plugins.  I am sharing this because I assumed that with it being all in one, that would not have been the case. ??

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not sure. To check, right click on the .exe and plugin .dll files in windows explorer/ Properties/ Unblock if it shows
I have found using 7-zip i dont need to unblock but one time i tried with winzip i did need to

Alexis

Ok.  I used the default Windows to unzip it to the folder on this machine.  I also use 7-zip on my machines and also find when I unzip them to the folder with it, I do not need to unblock.  Thank you.

lnminente

I tried drawing this image and assign onClick="CloseWindows" to it for going back to main view. But i'm not able to draw that image, is actually possible?

lnminente

Actually i have this working using an arrow, which is fine:
Code
<element type="Text" x="0" y="15"  width="30" font="Arial" style="Regular" size="28" fg="215,215,215"   onClick="CloseWindows">?</element>

BigHam1

Hi Steven, I unblocked mb_TheaterModePlugin.dll and mb_TheaterModePlugin.dll.config in windows explorer and restarted MB but still can't see the theater mode option in my view menu...

Alexis

Did you enable it under plugins?   Pardon me if a silly question.

BigHam1

That was the right question BeeFanatic, I'd forgotten to go in an enable Theater Mode in preferences. Many thanks!

Alexis

You are most welcome.

Alexis

Feedback fwiw:

I suppose  the installation experience on Windows xp installation is different to windows 7?

I usually  describe my installation experience when there are hurdles.   However, for this latest installation,  things went  very smoothly.

On a windows 7 64 bit machine, I first  installed the 'installable'  Musicbee 2.0 first, then  downloaded the version bundled with theatermode as I have been doing.  After extracting the theatermode packaged version to the  Musicbee folder.. I did not have to do anything else whatsoever.  Theatermode was enabled by default and worked.. so I did not need to do any unblocking etc.  

Question:
Are you planning at any point to  do an installable version that has theatermode with it?

Suggestion:
I also think it is still worth considering having a theatermode button in the main player area that can be removed in preferences, as opposed to one having to create it via configure buttons.  This is a really nice and unique feature that should be very visible imo.  Among other things,   this also separates MB from other players, so it should be noticeable and more easily accessible.

Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:36:51 PM by BeeFanatic