Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 209205 times)

Greb

The list of songs is something that Greb has done specifically for his theme. The main difference to the Now Playing Assistant is the look fits in with the rest of the theme, but of course lacks any of the playlist manipulation functionality which is the point of the Now Playing Assistant. Maybe you could ask Greb to consider a way to open the NPA from the list of songs panel.
For the NPA, i am making some minor changes and will include the request so it automatically jumps to the playing song when opened

Difficult to do, something like that. Perhaps it could be possible to forward until a specific song in the list telling MB to advance X songs if you click in the title of the song corresponding to 'Track[X]'...

BTW, is there a way to open the Now Playing Floating Window from the TheaterMode? And how to close it? (onClick="CloseTheatherMode" or onClick="CloseWindow" don't work  ;D)

And a small request: would be it possible to add 'Conductor' as a field in the TheaterMode? ('Conductor' is the closest tag to 'performer', that doesn't exist).
Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:05:01 AM by Greb

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip

- minimimum size filter on last.fm artist pictures of 400px
- includes a Conductor field
- new CloseWindow function eg. onClick="CloseWindow"

Alexis

Very  nice update Steven, thank you.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alexis

Just for confirmation.. the changes you made, these are under the hood, correct?  In that I do not need to modify  any personal  style in order to see the effect of the picture size filter?

Steven

• Administrator

Alexis

Thank you :).  It is working great, but was just making sure it was not my imagination or luck.
Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:42:26 PM by BeeFanatic

Alexis

Possible bugs?  :
Lyrics Update:
I find there lyrics would pull up in the main panel, but not in theatermode.   I may be listening to a last.fm stream  in theatermode and i would see no lyrics.  On switching back to Main player,  it would get the lyrics...which would them populate when i go back to theatermode.  I have the yellow "L' next to Song title to indicate when if it has lyrics.

Album Art:
If I switch theatermode in the middle of play, i lose the album art until the next song plays.

This is the last updated customized version I am using:..The 'L' shows up after switching to main player and back.  Also, I had the album art before switching to main player.  Clicking the 'L'  opens the lyrics pane, and of course artist title brings up artie bio.

This is the file:   http://www.mediafire.com/view/?pobb8ocbt815k2v

Steven

• Administrator
the album cover should be fixed for the next MusicBee.exe update - i expect it would only have happened for web files like last.fm.
for the lyrics, i am not sure about that. When you close and reopen the theater view panel it would blank the downloaded lyrics (corrected now for the next musicbee.exe update). But that doesnt quite sound like what you were doing and i wasnt able to reproduce any problem with lyrics

Greb

One problem: if you use the Lyrics panel or the Artist Info panel in two different autohides panels, it just blocks them.

Steven

• Administrator
can you explain some more as i am not sure what you mean.
if you have multiple autohide panels on the same sidebar, as it stands now only one can be open at any point in time if thats what you mean

Greb

can you explain some more as i am not sure what you mean.
if you have multiple autohide panels on the same sidebar, as it stands now only one can be open at any point in time if thats what you mean

Check it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?hbb63s9nla2sw1z

Now check the 'Media Center II' option. Bio, for example, doesn't work, but if you press 'Last.fm bio' (that opens another panel with another Artist Info element) it works, though lateral bar is useless.

Same happens with Lyrics.

And BTW, 'Time' and 'Progression' can't be in different panels, located in different places.

Just to know if there's some way to fix it or not...

Steven

• Administrator
And BTW, 'Time' and 'Progression' can't be in different panels, located in different places.
Time as in the duration of the track ie. you want to split <ProgressPosition> (progress/ duration) into separate parts? or you mean having the <ProgressBar> element separate from the <ProgressPosition> element (which i am surprised you cant do that)

If you literally mean the <Time> element, the default views all include examples where time is completely separate from the other elements

Alexis

Thank you Steven.. Regarding the lyrics issue you cannot reproduce: 
I suppose it was user error or impatience, because I have been monitoring it closer since you say you cannot duplicate it and I am realizing that patience is required for some lyrics to load.  Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for the patches you are working on including the album art.

Steven

• Administrator
Now check the 'Media Center II' option. Bio, for example, doesn't work, but if you press 'Last.fm bio' (that opens another panel with another Artist Info element) it works, though lateral bar is useless.
this should fix the issue, and also fixes a case where lyrics would not load in the plugin (depending on what you do with the lyrics panel in the main player)

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip
and
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

one thing i found annoying was the left sidebar keeps popping out when you click on menu items close to the left screen. So i have introduced a new attribute on the autoHide element
Code
<autoHide name="#LeftSidebar" ...  disableHotPoint="true" >
also although maybe not causing a big problem, you should define #LeftSidebar before the other elements reference it (otherwise they wont re-position when the left sidebar is displayed)
Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:32:49 PM by Steven

Alexis

Have you found that in order to rate some streaming songs,  you have to at least click on Last.fm love first? or the star rating does not work.  Is that intentional?  If the song is in my library, it works fine.