Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 214728 times)

Roadrunner

Sorry to write again, I just thought about albums with various artists. With the relative path, they couldn't have an artist image. Maybe it would be even better to have a single separate folder for all artists together (similar to your current cache folder)?

Steven

• Administrator
i decided to add one more element that auto-hides a set of elements. If you move the mouse close to the side of the panel, the auto-hide element displays while the mouse is over that area. Moving the mouse back to the centre of the screen hides the elements.
See the Landscapes example in the plugin pack, which shows the lyrics and upcoming tracks if you move the mouse to the right side of the screen.
<autoHide name="#RightSidebar" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-280" y="1" width="280" heightDock="Panel" height="-130" bg="20,20,20" >
 elements you want auto-hidden...
</autoHide>

Not directly related to this plugin but musicbee.exe has been updated to allow a artist picture folder to be specified in Tags(1) preferences, so you can put your own pictures there. They need to be named the same name as the artist with a .jpg, .png or .bmp extension

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:08:25 PM by Steven

HHM

ok, it's my very first time having fun with .xml (another thing I owe MusicBee:)), I've decided to midify a bit the default Artist scheme as I prefer things as minimalistic as possible:

-got rid of the black frame of the right panel
-got rid of additional colors (red box on right and yellow time progress)
-changed font from Arial to Segoe Light (Segoe is native for MB as far as I remember. and very simplistic)
-made Album Art a bit bigger (200p instead of 170)
-LYRICS an COMING UP NEXT... written with capital letters

Here it is if anyone wishes:
http://i.minus.com/1333658344/OedyRiGpsu6IHL3rqnfL-g/djNPIUWSpD8oI.xml

Still got some questions:
1. Is it possible to change the source of Artists pics from Flickr to Last.FM?
Last.FM gives more relevant pics (with Flickr sometimes you get someone's pics from artist's gig etc).

2. I have a problem with implementing floating Rightpanel which you described a while ago. Colud you please look at my script and tell me what went wrong?:

<autoHide name="#RightSidebar" type="Block" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-280" y="1" width="280" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" bg="20,20,20"></element>
  <element type="Line" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-280" y="1" width="1" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" bg="20,20,20"></element>
  <element type="Time" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-130" y="10" width="120" align="Right" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="16" fg="240,240,240" ></element>
  <element type="Line" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" yAnchor="Time.Bottom" y="7" width="247" height="1" bg="60,60,60"></element>

<element type="Text" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-262" y="55" width="250" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="11" fg="210,210,210" >LYRICS</element>
  <element type="Lyrics" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" y="81" width="257" heightDock="Y:Panel.Bottom" height="-270" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="10.5" fg="190,190,190" fg2="255,140,0" ></element>

<element type="Block" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-279" yAnchor="Lyrics.Bottom" y="75" width="278" height="34" fg="190,190,190"></element>
  <element type="Text" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-265" yAnchor="Lyrics.Bottom" y="81" width="250" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="11" fg="190,190,190" >COMING UP NEXT...</element>
  <element type="Field" id="Tracks[1]" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" yAnchor="Lyrics.Bottom" y="120" width="250" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Bold" size="9.75" fg="190,190,190" >
    <child id="Title" ></child>
    <child font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="9.75">  [</child>
    <child font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="9.75" id="Duration" />
    <child font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="9.75">]</child>
  </element>
  <element type="Field" id="Tracks[1]" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" yAnchor="Lyrics.Bottom" y="138" width="250" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="9.75" fg="180,180,180" >
    <child id="Artist" />
  </element>

<element type="Field" id="Tracks[2]" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" yAnchor="Tracks[1].Top" y="42" width="250" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Bold" size="9.75" fg="210,210,210" >
  </element>
  <element type="Field" id="Tracks[2]" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" yAnchor="Tracks[1].Top" y="60" width="250" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="9.75" fg="200,200,200" >
    <child id="Artist" />
  </element>

<element type="Field" id="Tracks[3]" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" yAnchor="Tracks[2].Top" y="42" width="250" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Bold" size="9.75" fg="210,210,210" >
  </element>
  <element type="Field" id="Tracks[3]" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" yAnchor="Tracks[2].Top" y="60" width="250" font="Segoe UI Light" style="Regular" size="9.75" fg="200,200,200" >
    <child id="Artist" />
  </element>
</autoHide>
Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:51:55 PM by HHM

Alexis

I Really like the ability to have the pane auto-hide.   To me it just makes sense, because though I really like and wanted the lyrics pane, I do not always want it visible.  Thanks.. this is like having both worlds in one.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

HHM

yeah, especially when so many songs don't have lyrics!

HHM

and as for Artist's pics - is it possible to introduce a kind of "pic shuffle mode", so that every screensaver/theatre mode activation wouldn's start with the same pic when I'm listening to one artist??

Alexis

I think it would help to have the song title beneath the word   'lyrics' in the lyrics pane.    I tried doing it but I am not getting it.   These are the 3 lines I am using:

<autoHide name="#RightSidebar" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-280" y="1" width="280" heightDock="Panel" height="-150" bg="232,20,20,20" >
  <element type="Text" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-262" y="55" width="250" font="Arial" style="Bold,Italic" size="13" fg="210,210,210" >Lyrics</element>
  <element type="Lyrics" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" y="81" width="257" heightDock="Y:#RightSidebar.Bottom" height="-20" font="Arial" style="Regular" size="10.5" fg="190,190,190" fg2="255,140,0" ></element>
</autoHide>

And the result is over here on display:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2258.60

Update:
Figured it out.   Added this string below lyrics element
<element type="Field" id="Title" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-262" y="55" width="250" font="Arial" style="Bold,Italic" size="13" fg="255,140,0" ></element>

Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:58:11 AM by BeeFanatic

Steven

• Administrator
anyone who downloaded yesterday's musicbee.exe (2.0.4477) should download this version which undoes a serious bug that can delete a folder when a file is moved an auto-organised library or new podcasts

also i have changed the Gallery element artist tag to use last.fm first and then flickr - the file in the pack is still called "Artist Pictures (Gallery from Flickr)". Lastly, the Landscapes layout should hopefully have a bit better downloaded images as its now using a tweaked flickr API call
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:50:49 AM by Steven

HHM

my suggestion to Theatre Mode with popup lyrics panel is to have a kind of automatisation so that it only appears when the track has lyrics (if possible to be done of course)
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:36:19 PM by HHM

Steven

• Administrator

- tweaked the Artist, Artist Pictures (Gallery from Flickr) and Landscapes layouts to simplify them (auto-hide sidebar now only shows lyrics, and the next upcoming track is permanently displayed on the right strip). See the first post for updated screenshots
- an indicator for whether lyrics are available be set by naming any element "#LyricsStatus". If the current track has lyrics the fg2 colour will be used
Code
<element name="#LyricsStatus" type="Text" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-20" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-63" font="Arial" style="Bold" size="9" fg="0,79,24,22" fg2="230,230,230">L</element>
 - an element can contain a "onDoubleClick" attribute and on double clicking the element, an action is performed. Supported values:  OpenNowPlayingAssistant   eg. onDoubleClick="OpenNowPlayingAssistant". See the Landscapes example for it being applied where you double click on the upcoming track section

anyone who downloaded yesterday's musicbee.exe (2.0.4477) should download this version which undoes a serious bug that can delete a folder when a file is moved an auto-organised library or new podcasts

Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:29:21 PM by Steven

Alexis

You give one thing and they then want more, and more and more... annoying, insatiable folks

But.. 8)  I definitely like the ability to pull up the nowplaying list with a click because I go back and forth with that.  Is it possible at all to have that on top when  invoked  in fullscreen??  I am guessing  that it would not be consistent to how windows work, but just wondering.   Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
i have been considering the idea of adding a pin button to the popup so it could be pinned open - as it stands now you need to keep the cursor over the popup area  to keep it open

paq

Although you haven't said anything I noticed that coloring of RatingLove is a little bit different now. Earlier when using RatingLove as a child-element and only defining fg2, the love symbol would only show for loved tracks. However using the latest Theater Mode the love icon displays in white for all tracks that are not loved, and in the color defined as fg2 for those who are.

However I also noticed that I can now define fg to be the color for non-loved tracks, and since I can apply opacity I can make it go away. So in all, it's just the way I want it to be, thanks! Could be worth to add that to the documentation though in the Default.xml-file.

lynott

Is it possible to use the "autohide" function to hide lyrics panel when there are noe lyrics?
I.e automaticalt hide panel when no lyrics are available, otherways show.
Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:16:56 AM by lynott

Steven

• Administrator

- the default templates have been tweaked so that the Lyrics indicator no longer displays and instead the lyrics panel auto-opens
- lyrics can now be configured to auto-hide
- you can now interactively pin an auto-hide panel in order to keep it open (there is a pin icon displayed in the top corner of the auto-hide panel)
- these are the attributes that need to be set in the autoHide element:
Code
 fg="215,215,215" fg2="255,255,255" allowPinning="true" autoOpenLyrics="true" resizePictures="true"
 - the fg,fg2 colours are for the pin and close button icons
  -  allowPinning displays a pin icon so the user can keep the panel permanently open
  - autoOpenLyrics - set to true if you want the panel to automatically open if there are lyrics and close if none
  - resizePictures - set to true if your autoHide panel occupies the full or most of the height of the panel and when open the artist or gallery picture should be resized to fit the new width. This setting only applies when the autoHide panel is pinned open or auto-opened from lyrics. If you set resetPictures to false, the autoHide panel will display on top of the picture with no resizing.
  - if you do want pictures to resize, you will probably want the autoHide element to occupy the full height of the panel, but display behind any information strip you might have ie. configure the autoHide panel near the start of the elements - see the Landscapes file as an example

anyone who downloaded Wednesday's musicbee.exe (2.0.4477) should download this version which undoes a serious bug that can delete a folder when a file is moved an auto-organised library or new podcasts

Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:45:37 PM by Steven