Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 211396 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i am surprised it would crash - rather i would have expected it just not show.
You need the musicbee.exe from yesterday
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

i have updated the first post with this instruction

Steven

• Administrator
How do you get the artist picture not faded at all? (even with fade="0" it fades it)

BTW, is it possible to make the artist picture rotate?
yes that is how it is done at the moment but i will change it so 0 really doesnt fade at all
is it possible for you to do a mockup of what you have in mind with the rotated artist picture - it should be possible but it will help to see as it might need additional attributes

Greb

yes that is how it is done at the moment but i will change it so 0 really doesnt fade at all
is it possible for you to do a mockup of what you have in mind with the rotated artist picture - it should be possible but it will help to see as it might need additional attributes

Yeap, of course, extract this in the TheaterMode.List folder (it uses the Open Sans fonts):

http://www.mediafire.com/?xx1x52e4qnme7dl

Besides the fade stuff, I thing it could be nice that artist pictures rotate with some period. And BTW, would be it possible to keep the real aspect ratio fixing, for example, just height?

lnminente

Also the artwork of the previous track and the next one could give some eye candy

Steven

• Administrator
Yeap, of course, extract this in the TheaterMode.List folder (it uses the Open Sans fonts):
i think i was taking what you meant by rotate literally as in rotate in angle

Steven

• Administrator
Also the artwork of the previous track and the next one could give some eye candy
if it literally showed the album cover of the previous and next track then that wouldnt work well, so it would need to be the album cover of the prior and next album.

Greb

i think i was taking what you meant by rotate literally as in rotate in angle

well, nope! of course I was talking about displaying a new picture!  :)

lnminente

if it literally showed the album cover of the previous and next track then that wouldnt work well, so it would need to be the album cover of the prior and next album.
I don't know if it would be more confussing with the next album cover than the next track cover. I didnt tried it before.
I know, only some rare times it would show three different track artworks, just i think it's still nice seeing the same artwork behind, smaller and less bright. If possible a free transform to make it look like with perspective would be even nicer.

Steven

• Administrator
And another thing (sorry for double posting). Would be it possible to use backgrounds from internet the same way artist picture is used?

I'm thinking, for example, in something like using flickr or picassa with a keyword (as, for example, 'landscape').
i like this suggestion and think it works well - this has the new feature as a Gallery element

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip

i have changed the example "Artist Picture" template layout so everything is in the black block and added a new template called "Landscapes". See the first post for a screenshot
Code
<element type="Gallery" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-2" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" keepAspectRatio="false" fillColor="200,0,0,0" interval="60" tags="Landscape" ></element>
- tags can be changed to anything and using a comma retrieves multiple tags eg. XXXX, YYYY matches pictures with tags XXXX or YYYY
- interval is the number of seconds to keep the image or "EndOfTrack"
- for Gallery and ArtistPicture, keepAspectRatio="true" will preserve the aspect ratio of the picture rather than stretching to the element size and potentially distorting
- and fillColor="200,0,0,0" will fill the gap (if any) when keepAspectRatio="true" and the picture is smaller than the element size
Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:55:54 PM by Steven

awt67

Re: Theater Mode Plugin
« Reply #30 on: Today at 03:23:22 PM »
i am surprised it would crash - rather i would have expected it just not show.
You need the musicbee.exe from yesterday

i have updated the first post with this instruction

Thanks for the help but i'm not sure how to apply the update. Sorry i'm such a noob

phred

• Global Moderator
@awt67-
Download the patch file from the link Steven supplied.  Unzip the downloaded file and copy the extracted files to the folder where MusicBee is installed, allowing the new files to overwrite the existing ones.  Be sure that MB is closed before you do this.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alexis

WOW!  This really becoming far more than i expected!  Absolutely brilliant!  

My thoughts:
Just as Landscape, could the artists pictures be full screen.. as in taking up more of the screen space??
I am inclined to  ask about artists photos rotating as in the visualizer, but they are not all full screen in visualizer, so maybe i should not go there.

And finally.. WOW!

edit:
Regarding the default Green background (I know I could change it, but asking for general presentation purposes) ... I am thinking it could be something less striking, because it is quite a contrast when the background is changing to see that green in the transition.
Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:40:59 AM by BeeFanatic
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

SimonBRT

I've been watching the Theatre Mode develop for a while now and whilst it has shown promise i didn't feel that it was quite there yet.  Just downloaded the latest update however and have to say congratulations Steven and all who offered up suggestions along the way.  The artist pictures and landscape modes are just amazing.  One of the best new additions to MB for some time.  Awesome!

paq

#9. Bug: When changing from a customization without a border to one with, and then back, the border does not disappear. MusicBee needs to be restarted to properly show the customization without the border.

#10. Bug: When using child elements, and the first is Rating, text afterwards disappear. This can be solved using an empty space as a first element.
For example, this does not work correctly:
Code
<element type="Field"  x="100"  y="100" size="10" fg="235,235,235" font="Segoe UI">
  <child id="RatingAlbum" size="13" />
  <child> </child>
  <child id="Album" />
</element>
However, the following works:
Code
<element type="Field"  x="100"  y="100" size="10" fg="235,235,235" font="Segoe UI">
  <child> </child>
  <child id="RatingAlbum" size="13" />
  <child> </child>
  <child id="Album" />
</element>

#11. Notice: I noticed that the following fields are some that are missing from the "available fields" list. Although some of them aren't really usable for a screen saver, who knows which fields someone might want to use? I myself would like to have "Year (yyyy)".
Code
.Ext, Album [Year], BPM, Channels, Conductor, Date added, Date modified, Decade, Encoder, Keyword, Kind, Last played, Lyricist, Origin, Path, Play count, Size, Skip count, Tempo, Quality, Year (yyyy)

#12. Question: How come the color attribute for RatingLove is called "fg2" when there is no "fg1"...?