Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 209200 times)

Steven

• Administrator
rating of streamed songs is not really officially supported and wont hold as the song will eventually get removed from the cache

Greb

The patch works perfect.

I was talking about the 'ProgressPosition', of course. I have to check it this weekend, some moment, but I was talking about having this element in two different panels, with different x and y. It happened with every element not linked to a field (like, 'time', 'lastFM bio', 'progressposition', and -I'm not sure- I suppose soundgraph too).

Alexis

rating of streamed songs is not really officially supported and wont hold as the song will eventually get removed from the cache

Thank you Steven... that certainly makes sense then that it should function the way it does..
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

yakamoneye

Hello, I wonder if one day we will have a version of this plugin with MusibBee incorporated. Excused my French I'm a little French with English-based school. Because i love this customisation

Yakamoneye

edit  : I try and I got there, thank you
Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:21:56 PM by yakamoneye

Alexis

I was wondering the same thing as I was over at a friend's house installing this today.

Steven

• Administrator
i think that is a good idea and will do that

Steven

• Administrator
does anyone still use the Screen Saver menu item that comes with this plugin?
I am thinking of removing it as it seems unnecessary now. Of course the screen saver will still invoke in place of the windows screen saver if so configured in the settings file

jistme

I did, but mostly since I got used to it, and had not yet the opportunity to explore theatre mode extensively yet.

Can you name something specific what TM cannot do, what SS can?

SimonBRT

personally never use the screensaver menu item now.  i agree that it seems pretty redundant.

Alexis

I am not a screensaver user, but tried it and found that I would have liked a different option, which theatermode fills.  May not be fair for me to give feedback though, because of my bias.

Just FYI of the experience today installing MB for the individual:
Somewhat relevant since the thought of merging  theatermode has arisen.

I installed the first .exe 2.0 beta from the beta page, then I came over here and installed the latest updates of MB and theatermode.  Took me a long time to  get the plugin to work properly, as it seems I went about trying to unblock it the wrong way.   Finally unblocked it, and it worked.. came back online and added the custom theatermodes I thought the person would enjoy.  In the end.. another flabbergasted customer over this amazing player.  Everyone I have interacted with so far, their favorite is the artist gallery type... ie.. the rotating artist images.

paq

does anyone still use the Screen Saver menu item that comes with this plugin?
I do sometimes. Why? I have two screens and I use one more or less only for MusicBee. The Screen Saver mode lets me go from Screen Saver to Main Player with only one click. Then I go back to Screen Saver using a short-cut so I have no need for the menu option. Maybe it can be moved in to View > Theater Mode as a first option above all views?

I noticed that using version 2.0.4495 and exiting Screen Saver using a click, the following error shows. Exiting Screen Saver with the press of a key, including Esc, does not yield this error.
Code
MusicBee v2.0.4495.32919 (Win6.1), 23 apr 2012 3:51:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

SimonBRT

maybe someone can help me.  if i have two auto-hide panels (one for lyrics and one for artist bio) can i set it up so that if lyrics are found then the lyrics panel is shown but if no lyrics are found then the last.fm bio panel is shown instead?

currently the lyrics auto-hide if none are found but the bio panel then needs to be manually activated.  also, once the bio panel is open, it remains so even if the next track has lyrics.

don't know if this possible?  i really have no idea what i am doing when it comes to an xml file!

Steven

• Administrator
Maybe it can be moved in to View > Theater Mode as a first option above all views?
that is what i will do

Steven

• Administrator
don't know if this possible?  i really have no idea what i am doing when it comes to an xml file!
no that is not supported in the current version of the plugin. I've finished with the plugin for the time being (bug fixes excepted) but can revisit at some point down the track

Steven

• Administrator
don't know if this possible?  i really have no idea what i am doing when it comes to an xml file!
i had an idea how you could implement this. You could permanently display the artist info panel (i would have thought it almost always has something) but dock its height to the lyrics autohide panel. Set the lyrics autohide panel to the bottom half of the right sidebar, and if that opens the artist info panel should take up only the top half of the right sidebar.
One thing to keep in mind is when docking the height or anchoring the position relative to another panel, you need to define the other panel before that element in the file
Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:14:03 PM by Steven