Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 209201 times)

Alexis

I would really like to know what that means regarding command buttons for theatermode.  I have been looking and trying to figure out what was really added, but cannot tell.  I am pretty mouse dependent as I believe most pc users are.

I assumed the change would have meant having theatermode across the top next  to file, edit etc for quicker access.

It would be nice to have a clickable one step way to go to  theatermode (and so launching the last viewed mode).. as well as a single clickable way to get  back to main player from theatermode.     I usually go back to main player view mode, because there is a limit to what can be done from the nowplaying assistant (or so it seems).. and not expecting any change in it to make it complicated really.  But theatermode imo is such a nice feature that it should be  viewable on a single click and out of it on a single click.  ( I know it is doable with keyboard shortcuts)

Thanks you for your  hard work Steven.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
in the Layout preferences you can specify command buttons (they are displayed on the top of the main panel)
the change was to include "Theater Mode" as a command that can be asssigned to a button in that dialog

Steven

• Administrator
what is it that you are missing in the Now Playing Assistant?
I guess one obvious thing is the ability to select a playlist

Alexis

WOw.. I did not know that existed.  I looked for it  since the beginning installing Musicbee, and just assumed it was not there.. never considered editing command view as think  I somehow assumed it was keyboard related..  That is just FANTASTIC!   What I have been asking or hinting for has been there all along :o

Issue:  Adding theatermode view works.. it adds it next to the 'panel Layout' icon.   However, when I restart Musicbee, it disappears.  Using version 2.0.4487 with the theatermode from today.

Now, in theatermode, there is.. view, controls, help.. can that e customized as well to add main  player?

regarding Now playing assistant:
I think that what you have highlighted regarding the playlist as is indeed something missing.   What I find as a biggie though is I would also like to customize the viewable columns in the nowplaying assistant, so that I can for example.. add genre to view, so then sort  the tracks by genre, select the first one and it then plays in that order.  (I am sure there is also a way to do that but I am not seeing it as yet :)   ... pardon me if there is )

Steven

• Administrator
Issue:  Adding theatermode view works.. it adds it next to the 'panel Layout' icon.   However, when I restart Musicbee, it disappears.  Using version 2.0.4487 with the theatermode from today.
if you also assign the command a hotkey it should work, but i will fix that for the next update.

regarding the now playing assistant, you can add columns the same way you do for the main panel - by right clicking the column header and selecting new columns

Alexis

hmmm
When I am in theatermode, I doubleclick on the info bar to bring up the nowplaying assistant.. or I click on view/ nowplaying assistant.

The window that comes up, the only place that is 'right-clickable' that brings up a menu, is the songs list, and that brings up the playnow, que next etc.  Right-clicking the title area does not do anything... no menu or anything. 

(I am very familiar with the way of creating new columns as I do that in the main player view)

I assigned the hotkey for theatermode and that allowed it to stick as you said.  Thank you.

Steven

• Administrator
yes you are right. I will fix that but for now you can open the Now Playing Assistant (from the view menu) in the main panel and add the columns from there

Alexis

oh man, I did not even realize it was there.  I thought it was specific to the Theatermode.  Shame on me.  Sorry. 

In the end it always something stupid on my part. It works beautifully now. Thanks!

HHM

Issue to concern:

I guess that what would be great is a feature that would be the combination of PlayingList Assistant and List of Songs as right now 2 different features concern almost same functions. What do you think?

Nevertheless, it would be nice if NowPlaying Assistant would focus/scroll to the song that is being played at the moment. Then it would make "List of songs" feature disposable for me:)

Steven

• Administrator
I guess that what would be great is a feature that would be the combination of PlayingList Assistant and List of Songs as right now 2 different features concern almost same functions. What do you think?
The list of songs is something that Greb has done specifically for his theme. The main difference to the Now Playing Assistant is the look fits in with the rest of the theme, but of course lacks any of the playlist manipulation functionality which is the point of the Now Playing Assistant. Maybe you could ask Greb to consider a way to open the NPA from the list of songs panel.
For the NPA, i am making some minor changes and will include the request so it automatically jumps to the playing song when opened

Alexis

t wanted to have this said in the middle of all the work that is being done on this plugin.

I had a visitor yesterday, that brought some discs by for me to rip...the way in which they were ripped and organized fascinated him..but when I launched theatermode to play the ripped songs...he jaw dropped and was pleasantly speechless for a moment.  In the end, he is getting musicbee.

Keep up the great work and thanks for all you do Steven.  More so, I appreciate your patience with all of us.

Steven

• Administrator
a couple of fixes to the plugin:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip

and fixes for the command buttons and small enhancements to the now playing assistant
- it now scrolls to the playing track on opening
- you can drag tracks from the Library list to the Now Playing tab header
- now allows you to add columns (bug fix)

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

silasje1

Is there also an updated list/help file? Im looking to do a new (after Orange ) to make with all the newest features
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Steven

• Administrator
the help text at the end of the Default.xml that comes with the latest zip has most of the things
also all changes have been listed on this topic

silasje1

the help text at the end of the Default.xml that comes with the latest zip has most of the things
also all changes have been listed on this topic
Thanks! You like my new orange theater? It doesnt has the amount of features as Greb or Beefanatics files yet
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin