Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 211709 times)

Alexis

There seems to be a slight issue with the lyrics indicator:

I have it set to show  an indication when lyrics is available for the song.  What I have been noticing if the lyrics is retrieved at the same time the artist picture is, then the indicator would light up.  Great! 

problem:  If at the time of image retrieval no lyrics is grabbed as yet, it does not show that there is lyrics when I guess it is finally grabbed.. but  by hovering  to show the...  I would see lyrics there and then the indicator would light up.

I am using all of the latest versions.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alexis

:(.. additionally, for me, it seems that  that   in the flicker gallery mode... when it  reaches the end of the artist images, it does not repeat... so the last image stays on the screen throughout, such as in the case of playing an album.

Steven

• Administrator

Alexis

John Denver.. If u need the tracks for experiment, I can upload.

Glen Campbell too...  among others of course.
Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:26:22 PM by BeeFanatic

Steven

• Administrator
John Denver.. If u need the tracks for experiment, I can upload.

Glen Campbell too...  among others of course.
i suspect flickr might have been temporarily out of action as there are 49 matches for john denver. But i made a change so it resets to last.fm if that happens

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip

changes include:
- the Landscape, Artist Picture and Artist Pictures (Gallery from Flickr) templates included in the pack have been enhanced so you can click on the Artist name to open the biography for the artist (the panel opens in place of the Lyrics panel)
- new ArtistInfo element that shows the artist's biography - see the Landscape file from the install pack for an example
- to acheive that, the onClick syntax has been enhanced to allow a specific autoHide panel to be referenced eg. onClick="OpenAutoHidePanel:#RightSidebarArtist"
- when theater view is active, the monitor is now kept alive (so no windows screen saver will activate)
Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:52:49 PM by Steven

Alexis

Thank you so much.  The artist bio is a very nice tough too

neugier

I just installed the actual beta with the theater mode plugin. I've exactly followed the indicated steps, but when I go to menu "view" there's no "Theater Mode" and also no "Activate Screen Saver" entry!

any ideas what could be wrong with my installation?

theater view is exact the kind of view I would like to use .....

hopefully,
neugier

neugier

I saw that the plugin ist disabled (under edit - preferences - plugins). In my installation it was disabled by default. I think this was due file properties (properties - allow). Beore I allowed them as admin, I got an error message from music bee, that I have to allow this file first. Ok - so I have allowed all the files mentioned in the initial posting.

when I try now to enable the plugin, there comes an error message "music bee does not work anymore ....." and I have to restart the application.

any ideas? a bug?

Alexis

Hi,

Could you make sure you are using musicbee version 2.0.4484

If not, you can download it here with the theatermode plugin plugin:

updated plugin:
fix for the now playing assistant:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Would be it possible to make objects dependant from sidebars?
- elements now re-position when anchored to an autoHide element. If you want the picture to resize as well i recommend using the existing autoHide attribute:  resizePictures="true" and that way the picture will only resize when the autoHide panel is permanently on display and wont resize when the user has the autoHide panel temporarily open

neugier

Thank you!  :D
Due to the "1000 times testing" I had V 4467 .... but I had to "allow" (via file properties) the .dll and the dll.config! Afterwards it was possible to enable the plugin!
Many thanks .... now I can test it!  :D

Alexis

No problem...glad it is working for you.

SimonBRT

Would it be possible to add 'View: Theatre Mode' to the list of available command buttons or is this not possible as its a plugin?
I'm not a big keyboard shortcut user and would love to be able to add my own button. 

Spending the majority of my MB time in theatre mode now, it just keeps getting better.

Steven

• Administrator
you can already assign it a hotkey but i see i forgot to add it to the command buttons so will do so

Steven

• Administrator
this has the ehancement to allow Theater Mode to be selected as a command button:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

also a couple of minor bugs fixed in the plugin:
Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:59:35 PM by Steven