The workaround Jorge24 posted here
got me thinking about this whole issue again and I may have a solution to the
it will complicate things quite a bit changing from "many-to-one" to "many-to-many"
We already have "Display Artist" and "Display Composer" so why not "Display Genre"?
But not in an editable form that shows in the Tag Editor, simply as hidden flag in MB database.
Using 'Synthpop' as an example:
1. Map 'Synthpop' to Genre Category 'Electronic' - no changes to current operation
2. Map 'Synthpop' to Genre Category 'Pop' - new operation
- MB appends number to genre (ie. Synthpop1)
- Display Genre 'Synthpop' created
- MB flags Genre Category to also include any files with "Display Genre=Synthpop" when displaying Synthpop
If you were to map 'Synthpop' to another Genre Grouping, MB would save the genre as Synthpop2 etc.
Steven, when the dust settles on MB3.0, could this be a possible solution to the problem of mapping a genre to multiple genre categories?