Author Topic: Localized helpfiles  (Read 2742 times)

nordlicht

So, hello to all and big, big thanks for this wonderful tool.

One suggestion: it would be great if there where translated helpfiles. I know, there is only an onlinehelp for now, but maybe it would be possible to store local helpfiles? I guess there are many users that would help translating them.
Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:42:30 PM by nordlicht

boroda

Translating of help file is just a minor question. The major question is *creating* a help file. Current mb help file is very outdated and Steven cant maintain it up to date. There was an idea of creating wiki supported by community, but this idea failed.

nordlicht

That's really sad. Any idea how this could be solved? I think a Wiki would be a really great idea, I've written some pages for Arch-Linux and Ubuntu, so I'm not a complete newbee at this.

Why the idea failed?

Steven

• Administrator
it failed because no one updated it over at least a 6 month period - perhaps musicbee just lacks a critical mass of people using it to have enough people interested to maintain it.
There is a 'How to' section in this forum. Maybe if people contribute there and if it looks like there is enough interest then we could have another go.
Normally i would be quite open to experimenting with things but it takes time and effort to maintain and i dont want to waste time with it again unnecessarily.

nordlicht

Thats easy to understand. I've been on Ubuntu for more than seven years now, the people there are doing a bit more. I would guess that MB will get more users and press, so if the times are getting better I would be glad to help out here.

By the way: MB is the main reason I have installed Windows again... after seven years of using Linux only. Most music software there is crap (no, not really, but it's far away from beeing perfect).  ;D

nordlicht

Got an idea: what about a Word-Document as template? Lets say that we're putting the content of the online-help to that format. It would be easy to translate... and it's also easy to generate a pdf from it. Maybe that would be a smarter way?