Author Topic: Error on primary device  (Read 3961 times)

Munga

Using realtek onboard sound driver,  I have headphones as default device, and 5.1 speakers as second device. Musicbee set to directsound using primary driver.  When i unplug my headphones windows defaults to speakers as default but musicbee returns bass error when i unplug headphones and try to play a song thru speakers.  I must restart MB and then it plays thru speakers. Same if i go from speaker to headphone

PS:  MB v2

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using the Video Plugin, the current version of that is causing some issues when switching devices for which i am waiting on that developer to make a fix (which he has indicated he will do so)
otherwise, just set the output device in MusicBee to "Primary Device" or "Windows Default" in WASAPI and it should follow the windows default without changing any settings

Munga

Not using video plugin, MB is set to primary device, but it seems MusicBee must be restarted in order for this change to take effect.   Thinking this may be related from switching from headphones (Stereo Device) to speakers (5.1 device).

Steven

• Administrator
if you are not doing this via the windows control panel and simply pulling out the headphones then yes as it stands now MB would probably fail as it has no dynamic detection for a change to the attached devices.
I will move this to the wishlist as its not something that is implemented and not a quick fix to implement either

Munga

Windows does automatically switch from headphones (front panel jack) to speakers (rear panel jack) if i unplug my headphones, so im not sure why i would have to go thru the control panel.  I think MB's problem may be switching from stereo to 5.1 on the fly without a restart.

Steven

• Administrator
understood - its as i say, MB doesnt have any logic to detect add or remove changes to the attached devices after startup

Munga

I see Thankyou for your quick responses.   All in all, its not that bad having to restart MB.  MB is very fast starting up.