Author Topic: From Dusk Till Dawn  (Read 115744 times)

ma_t14

Why skinning window borders is not possible with the new version? (dusk)

mikebo

Because I haven't done the borders yet, so I decided to turn them off for now. I'll re-enable  them in the next update.

Alexis

Thanks for your great work.  Looking forward to the updates!
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

silasje1

Thanks, could you maybe make the colors between tracks a bit more harsher? So it is easier to see ?
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

Zak

• Global Moderator
I'll add my name to the list of people who really like this skin.

Nice work. :)
Bee excellent to each other...

spacepanda

Really love the dusk skin - but I feel like there needs to be a little more variation in the different elements!

Kaelri

This is really beautiful. I'm using "Dawn" now, and I agree with the earlier poster who said it would make a pretty great default skin for MusicBee.

I do think the alternating row colors in the song list are a little too subtle right now. I have a glossy LCD laptop screen, and I can't even see them unless I look at my screen from an angle. The "Search" and "Panel Layout" toolbar buttons are also invisible for me, but I gather that's outside your control? I think the other buttons (e.g. New Tab, Back/Forward) are great, though. I like that the overall color scheme is simple and gets rid of unnecessary elements.

A few other (extremely) small quibbles:

- When the left sidebar is collapsed, the playlist-select button is a white triangle. It should probably be either black, or gray like the other toolbar buttons.

- The "up" arrow button on the main scrollbar seems to be a few pixels below the top edge of the column headers. The horizontal gradient also looks a little weird when the right toolbar is open. I'd probably make it a shade or two darker, rather than solid white.

- The corners of the tabs look a little thinner than the sides. They could use a little smoothing out.

Yes, I'm being a total nitpick here, but only because there's nothing else to criticize. It's a gorgeous skin through-and-through. :)
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:29:07 PM by Kaelri

beehive

Nice Skin!! For Dusk I like the green dots in the preferences, but I think the check marks should also be green for consistency. Is it possible to implement?

mikebo

Little update (download link in first post). I've added window borders and some other fixes.

Nice Skin!! For Dusk I like the green dots in the preferences, but I think the check marks should also be green for consistency. Is it possible to implement?
Done

I do think the alternating row colors in the song list are a little too subtle right now.
Thanks, could you maybe make the colors between tracks a bit more harsher? So it is easier to see ?
Done, however it will depend on your display settings so results may vary

A few other (extremely) small quibbles:
Sorry, but I can't fix those.

Again, thanks for reporting the issues.

Steven

• Administrator
anyone using this skin will need to get the latest patched version 2 beta for it to work correctly as i makes use of a new vertical centering setting

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

mikebo

anyone using this skin will need to get the latest patched version 2 beta for it to work correctly as i makes use of a new vertical centering setting

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
It doesn't :)
I'll update the skin for 2.0, maybe even today.

Kaelri

I do think the alternating row colors in the song list are a little too subtle right now.
Done, however it will depend on your display settings so results may vary

Looks perfect for me, at least. Thanks for the update!

beehive

Thanks for the update. Another consideration for dusk will be the highlighted track color? Maybe the same color green as the dots and checkmarks? Only because it can be a little difficult to see. Thanks

Blinghound

I noticed that the album rating is a strong blue colour when unrated, and white when rated. Can it be changed to the background colour as is in the album & track view? Thanks a lot, I really enjoy this skin. :)

Sam29

Using this skin now and find it a joy to use. Great job!