Author Topic: From Dusk Till Dawn  (Read 115734 times)

mikebo

Hello

I've had this idea to move the progress bar all the way to the bottom so that when you move the pointer to the edge of the screen you can easily change the track position. This works great if the window is maximized and the taskbar isn't at the bottom.

I made this concept skin first to see if it was possible to that with recently introduced bitmap skinning. Turns out it is, so i polished the skin a little and decided to share it.

Dusk
Download

Dusk Alternative
Download

Dawn
Download

Dawn Alternative
Download

Source files

Updated with icons from http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/

Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:59:12 PM by mikebo

Analien

Very nice! Imma try it immediately.

Analien

I really like the idea of having the progressbar at the bottom.

Steven

• Administrator
absolutely brilliant!
for me, i think it works best without the spectrum visualiser being displayed (that is easily toggled by the user from the Layout preferences)
a very clean and modern look

the only thing i would suggest is on the context menus and main menu, with the highlighted menu item i find the highlight bar a bit bright and its hard to read the text

Alexis

Thank you, I like this very much.  Some of the dark themes I find that the shade of white text is too bright a contrast.. this is nice and mellow.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

ma_t14

Excellent skin, cheers for the creativity!

I have to agree with Steven about the menus though... It's a bit difficult to read the text  :-\

Blinghound

One of the best I've seen! Well done :) The only thing I can see room for improvement would be mouse-over icons for play/stop buttons etc. Awesome!

ma_t14

One of the best I've seen! Well done :) The only thing I can see room for improvement would be mouse-over icons for play/stop buttons etc. Awesome!

+1

SimonBRT

fantastic skin, thanks for the work!

Greb

Brilliant!  :)

A couple of things:

- It's a bit difficult to read the selected option in the menu (white font against clear grey background)
- Would be possible to mix the 'player bar' with some iTunes style skin, as beeTunes???  :D

mikebo

Thanks for all your comments. I've updated the skin, please test it out and let me know what you think.

One thing i forgot to mention is that you can open the equalizer by clicking on the spectrum. I know this might not be very intuitive but I didn't want to clutter it too much.

I tried changing the text color in the menus but adding an fg value to element id="Menu.DropDown.Highlight" doesn't work, so i went with lighter background instead.

ma_t14

Thanks for the update, now the skin is just perfect (at least for me)!

richardap1

Very nice. My new favourite skin. However could you maybe consider the text colour on the Mini Player, as the Black on Dark grey can be hard to read.
Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:28:00 PM by richardap1

HHM

+1 for light font in miniplayer

1 more thing about miniplayer:
on the other hand the vertical lines between buttons (these: |   ) are disposable or should be darker
(their colour is the one that font in miniplayer should have)

thanx for a beautiful skin!

mikebo

I've hadn't had a look at the mini player yet, as I rarely use, but I'll fix it.

Btw does anybody know how can I get back that little info button next to the song title? I can see it in mini player but not the main player.
I think I've switched it off some time ago, and now I don't remember how i did that.