Author Topic: [POSSIBLE! See first post!] Explorer 'double-click to enqueue' option  (Read 10081 times)

Najica

I was wondering if there was any interest in an Explorer 'double-click to enqueue' option (as seen in Winamp). Now, when you double-click in Explorer, your active Now Playing list gets deleted and your chosen file plays. The double-click to enqueue option would simply enqueue your chosen file to your active Now Playing list, keeping your list intact. So, is there any interest?

If there is sufficient interest in an Explorer 'double-click to enqueue' option, maybe it will be implemented!  :D

EDIT: solved! Use FileTypesMan (http://nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html) to specify the default actions for your file types in Windows!
For those of you who use Total Commander, dgbx has provided a solution a few posts down

Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:45:24 PM by Najica

HHM

dgbx

You can accomplish that.  Go to Edit/Preferences/Now Playing then at the top of the window you will see options for what happens when double clicking.

HHM

and how should I set them? (i'm asking, cause I think I've tried it and didn't work. but maybe missed sth)

cheers!

dgbx

If you want to always queue up the double clicked song, set both drop downs to "Queue Last".

HHM

and if I want to instant play while clicking from MB library BUT queue with click from explorer?

dgbx

Sorry.  Early here.  Don't know of a way from Explorer.  I rarely use Explorer using Total Commander instead (a much better product IMO).

I just tried it and you're right, it clears the Now Playing queue and plays the double clicked song.  And you're right in that the Explorer double click should follow the settings in MB.

HHM

Total Commander user here either:))
Anyways, TC and Explorer's doubleclick  behaviour should be the same.

dgbx

OK, I think I have this working.  First in MB go to Edit/Preferences/General, check the box for "enable MusicBee in Windows Explorer and context menus". 

Then in file associations use :
"C:\Program Files\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe" "%1" /QueueNext
or
"C:\Program Files\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe" "%1" /QueueLast
depending on where you want the double clicked song to be queued.

Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:38:21 PM by dgbx

Najica

Thank you both for your input!  :)

dgbx, I am thrilled that you may have found a solution! Unfortunately, I'm not a Total Commander user; I'm using the standard Windows 7 Explorer. I tried to input your command line suggestions, but I don't know where or how I should input them in Windows or Musicbee. If you could help me out, that'd be great!  :D

dgbx

I'm not very well versed in Explorer.  I'll check tonight when I get home (I have Win 7 there) to see if I can figure it out.

dgbx

This looks like it has potential for setting up Explorer to do what you want on double clicking:

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Windows_file_associations

Good luck!

Najica

Thanks for your reply, dgbx and many thanks for the effort!   ;D

Actually, by using the information in the link you provided, I managed to find a program, called FileTypesMan (http://nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html), which lets me specify the default option for all kinds of file types. I have set the MusicBee-specific file types default option (double-click) to "Queue Last". Hooray!
Thank you again, as I wouldn't have found the program without the information in the link you provided  :)

tl;dr for everybody else: Use FileTypesMan (http://nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html) to specify the default actions for your file types in Windows!

bojler

hi, i would really really like to have this feature built in musicbee. Developer will you please consider this. Because it's clumsy if i have musicbee on my usb drive, and it isnt convenient to mess with file types on other computers.

thanks

Zak

• Global Moderator
hi, i would really really like to have this feature built in musicbee. Developer will you please consider this. Because it's clumsy if i have musicbee on my usb drive, and it isnt convenient to mess with file types on other computers.
It wouldn't be possible to do this for a USB installation, because that would require changing file associations/registry settings which is a no-no for portable applications.
Bee excellent to each other...