Author Topic: auto HDMI plug n play  (Read 1883 times)

usuallee

Hi! First off, I LOVE Musicbee. I am an ipod/itunes refugee who has tried 'em all: Winamp, Foobar, Songbird, Clementine, Media Monkey. Finally I found Musicbee which is so intuitive, customizable, easy to use, sync easily to my Droid, has the best built in music tagger, is feature-rich without being bloated, and just generally a pleasure to use.

If I had one wish, though, it would be that I when I connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI (which is then connected to my receiver via Optilink) that it would just work, as other media players do. With MusicBee I find I have to go to preferences, player and then select my monitor from the list, before I can get the sound to the speakers. I then have to change it back to use headphones.

Minor hassle, but as all other media players work with my setup with no setting changes required, it would be nice if Musicbee did also.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using windows 7 and using musicbee 1.4.4418 then you should be able to assign output to the Windows "default device" which should automatically switch output

usuallee

Yes! I had not upgraded. Upgraded, now it switches automatically. Thanks so much. This just widens the gap between Music Bee and any other pc music player.

Thanks!