Author Topic: Mondo! Bizu! - A new skin (not finished). Suggestions, critique & help needed.  (Read 19672 times)

Analien

I don't think that this skin is last.fm-ish anymore, hence the change of name of this skin. It's not finishied yet but rather close, I'd say.
I've updated the Radio, library explorer, the adressbar-buttons, the main player and some other stuff.
New link for download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1emmo95x6cyzdlr

Artwork & Tracks-layout

Main player

Adressbar

Menu                                                                                     

Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:05:09 PM by Analien

Steven

• Administrator
looks very good. You should set the new 2 elements i provided last night as they dont look good as is now (i realise you cant see that yet - I will post an updated .exe a little later)

maiden_freak

I was always fond of the multi-color skins, you nailed this one. Good job and it looks great.

Analien

Yes, I'm waiting for the update and then I'm going to do some finetuning.
I've changed a couple of icons also, some of which will be changed too. But not all icons and images are to change, why is this? Is this something that will come later on, perhaps? I'm sure you've answered this a thousand times before ... But I've never seen (nor searched for it) an answer/thread about it. Not the highest priority right now, one might assume.
I think it will be good for the whole of the skins.

maiden_freak: Thanks! Be sure to update when update(s) arrive.

Steven

• Administrator
the updated .exe is available already, but by the looks of it you are still using v1.4 which wont be updated
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

making everything customisable takes time to do and adds overhead, so thats why its not done. If there is an icon you particularily want to change then i might accomodate it

Analien

On the other hand I just remembered that I once started a topic like that.  ::)
Yes, I understand. It's not of great importance, I just wondered. I'll might get back to you on that, later on. though
I'm just using the 1.4 for the skinning and the v2 for listening to music simultaneously. But I'll do the opposite, then. :)

Thanks for the patch.

Btw, the image I'm using for the splashscreen, is it a belonging to an earlier version of MB?
Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:34:33 PM by Analien

VX

After using this skin for a while I must admit that it looks quite good despite being unfinished.
I like the YouTube like design but there are a few elements that doesn't fit the rest of the skin. This are:
1. Pink Library Explorer bar;
2. Pink and blue buttons in the address bar (New tab, Browse Back, Browse Forward, Refresh, Panel Layout...);
3. Blueish Radio Station Directories bar as it doesn't fit the rest of the skin.

I'd change these elements to one of the colours already used with the skin.

IMHO, the less (reasonable amount of) colours used, the more professional effect. But it really depends on what you'd like to achieve.

Anyway, thank you very much for creating and sharing the skin.

BTW, changing the 'no album artwork' image was a very good step forward!

I wish it could be changed for every single skin form the MB Preferences menu (just like it's possible for icons).

Analien

Thanks, VX.
Indeed these colours will not be a part of the final skin, they are just remnants of finding out which part of the element code it refers to in the GUI.
He he, I didn't know about the pink Library Explorer bar, because I hardly ever used the Library Explorer, so thank you for pointing that out. I've must have changed that without knowing it.

Analien

I need help with this as I can't seem to get it to change or that I just can't find the right element. I want to change the grey colour of the disabled tracks.

Analien

I've tried that one. fg makes the red one, which is what I want, but the grey is not changeable?

Analien

JaLaRu

Loving the red tones, but can we get a version that uses grey/white rather than shades of blue, as I feel the blue looks a little tacky. Looking very nice otherwise.