Author Topic: A-Z Jump Bar to work on any focused list control  (Read 21636 times)

jistme

Bump.

I hope you're willing & able to fix this.
This feature is rather useless as it is implemented momentarily.

While this has been implemented, it is almost impossible to type the second and third character fast enough when you don't type with all fingers on the keyboard.
It would be nice if some extra time tolerance between keystrokes was setup.
Something like 2 seconds would be perfect.

Alexis

To add to those wishes,

Allow to make it possible to also select the second, third, etc. character, to be able to narrow it down  to e.g.: Genesis, Gojansufi, Gorrilaz.
Program could after clicking the first letter, wait and 'listen' for a second letter for a short while (3 sec. or so?)

(and add [space] for 'The Beatles, The Killers, etc.)

Big +1

Someone suggested the search area, but I am simply a mouse addict.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it as follows:
- click on the a-z bar, it allows up to 3 secs to press additional keys before the search resets
- when the main panel has focus, before it allowed a 0.75 sec gap before the search would reset. Its now 1.5 secs (the reason its not longer is because you might accidentally press the wrong key in the first place, so having too large a gap is not good for that)

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Alexis

Thank you Steven...  I am not sure it is working.. at least as I expected.  When I click on E and immediately click on A, instead of say going to EAgles... it is going to the next track that starts with A.  The way it has always done.

version: 2.0.4606

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using the artwork layout then i just realised its not done for that (but will be for the next update)

Alexis

I have it on track detail view with this issue.

To clarify:

In view button next to search, I have checked:  Show a-z jumpbar, and Track detail.

No errors in error log.

just in case, I  have tried the other views fwiw with the above steps, but still no success.

Steven

• Administrator

Alexis

No problem at all.  This means it is then likely isolated to my end,  so I will play around with it after the update tomorrow.  Thanks a lot Steven. 

Steven

• Administrator
this has the fix for the artwork layout.
If anyone else has problems with this function please let me know

jistme

Not working here either.
Maybe dependent on some preferences setting somewhere?

Alexis

Works like a dream!  Thank you Steven!

Roadrunner

i have changed it as follows:
- click on the a-z bar, it allows up to 3 secs to press additional keys before the search resets
- when the main panel has focus, before it allowed a 0.75 sec gap before the search would reset. Its now 1.5 secs (the reason its not longer is because you might accidentally press the wrong key in the first place, so having too large a gap is not good for that)

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

For me 3 secs to click the 2nd character are too long (same reason as for pressing a key). In addition I suppose not many users are aware of this functionality, instead one could think that the program does not work correctly... Why not use the same 1.5 secs?

Steven

• Administrator
For me 3 secs to click the 2nd character are too long (same reason as for pressing a key). In addition I suppose not many users are aware of this functionality, instead one could think that the program does not work correctly... Why not use the same 1.5 secs?
what do you mean by too long - you click (or press) a letter, realise its a mistake and want the search to reset based on the next letter you click?