Author Topic: Colours for fonts in skins?  (Read 7348 times)

Greb

Sorry for another thread. Steven, feel free to say 'go to hell!'  :)

Proposal: besides de default font colour, being able to include in skins two or three more colours. For example: colour for headers and colour for current playing song.

This way, a skin could look this way:

Steven

• Administrator
i have added a skin override for the artwork text
  <element id="Content[AlbumAndTracks].ArtworkText" fg="255,0,0" />

to override the header colour (already supported)
  <element id="Content[AlbumAndTracks].Header" fg="255,0,0" />

its in the next update

lnminente

+1 for changing the colour to the currently playing song. Its easier than searching for the small speaker. TIA

Steven

• Administrator
this has been done for the next update - its implemented in the Now Playing preferences where you can set your own highlight colour for the playing track

HHM

I'm trying for ages (still unsuccessfully) to set this view you presented - Album Art shown not as tiny icon for each tracks, but one big cover for all tracks from an album. Any words of advise? :)

Steven

• Administrator
I'm trying for ages (still unsuccessfully) to set this view you presented - Album Art shown not as tiny icon for each tracks, but one big cover for all tracks from an album. Any words of advise? :)
do you get any message when you try and resize the tiny pictures in the panel?

Thorbjorn

Are you in the wrong view maybe? If you enable artwork in track details you will just get a tiny picture for each track.

Steven

• Administrator
Are you in the wrong view maybe? If you enable artwork in track details you will just get a tiny picture for each track.
yes i would say that is the case but i want to better understand whether there was message given when attempting (i assume) to resize the pictures, and why that isnt sufficent to provide guidance to point someone in the direction of selecting the Album and Tracks layout.
People not discovering the Album & Tracks layout seems to be a recurring theme and i dont understand why!

SimonBRT

People not discovering the Album & Tracks layout seems to be a recurring theme and i dont understand why!

This does seem to be happening.  Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you once able to select album and tracks/artwork/track detail view from the view menu.  Now its only selectable from the panel layout button.  This definitely saves clutter and makes sense to me but i wonder if its less intuitive for new users?  Just a thought...

Steven

• Administrator
i've included Panel Layout->Artwork, Album & Tracks, Track Detail in the context menu in the main panel so hopefully that will help people discover it
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:17:16 PM by Steven

SimonBRT

i've included Panel Layout->Artwork, Album & Tracks, Track Detail in the context menu in the main panel so hopefully that will help people discover it
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

good idea. sometimes a right click is a more intuitive place to look for extra options than a separate button.

HHM

This does seem to be happening.  Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you once able to select album and tracks/artwork/track detail view from the view menu.  Now its only selectable from the panel layout button.  This definitely saves clutter and makes sense to me but i wonder if its less intuitive for new users?  Just a thought...

Thx! I think I saw this view long time ago. Not sure, but I guess what made me not use it might have been the fact that at first sight this view is good only for album playlists (when you apply it to 'singles' playlist you end up with what's at first seem to be a waste of space as Album Art is much bigger than single song entry).

Another thing that may be confusing (for me still is) is that there are 2 different 'Panel layout' buttons.
Not sure if or what is the difference between them...
I've been using only the one that is on the rigt side of columns, forgeting about the one by the search field (which - till now - had this Album&Tracks view option).

And now, as I finally managed to set it (thx for help!) I see one problem:
Somehow I'm unable to change the sorting the way I want, it doesn''t apply correctly for 'DATE ADDED' column. I usually sort albums by 'date added', newest first. The order changes, but is not correct, showing some new album at the top, but brand-new at the very bottom...