Author Topic: 'screensaver' playing view mode for HTPC plasma/lcd displays  (Read 73128 times)

Greb

I see one thing that could be added though in help when creating new layouts or trying out existing ones. Since I have to restart MusicBee every time to see a difference made to the settings-file, how about a "Restart MusicBee" in the File menu?

You only have to select the same skin you're using. MB restarts again (as it does everytime you select a new skin) but, of course, it keeps using the same skin: so basically it's a pure restarting.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
looks really good - you should add it to Screensavers topic in the Customisations board

Steven

• Administrator
small enhancement made to allow you to specify a specific single monitor to display the screen saver in (default is all monitors) eg.
<monitor>2</monitor>
when a specific monitor is set, the mouse will not hide and moving the mouse will not close the screen saver. To close it, do so from musicbee, or click on the screen saver

install instructions for the plugin is available here:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5770.0

jistme

I made this one for my (not so common) 2048x1152 computer monitor.
Tomorrow I will try to create and post 720p & 1080p versions.

I am not very familiar with uploading files. What would be an advised location/provider to upload?
Am I correct to assume I only need to upload the jpg and the modified xml file? (zipped together)

Already being extremely content and impressed how fast and well you guys fulfilled this wish, there is one possible addition that would make this screensaver 100% perfect for me:

A big concern for plasma panels is burn-in of brighter images or logo's when displayed on the same position very frequently. (and I intend to use MB very frequently ;-)

It would be great if there could be an option to make it possible to adjust the brightness of the albumart to a chosen level, or maybe have the location of the picture displayed in alternating positions?

silasje1

I made this one for my (not so common) 2048x1152 computer monitor.
Tomorrow I will try to create and post 720p & 1080p versions.

I am not very familiar with uploading files. What would be an advised location/provider to upload?
Am I correct to assume I only need to upload the jpg and the modified xml file? (zipped together)

Already being extremely content and impressed how fast and well you guys fulfilled this wish, there is one possible addition that would make this screensaver 100% perfect for me:

A big concern for plasma panels is burn-in of brighter images or logo's when displayed on the same position very frequently. (and I intend to use MB very frequently ;-)

It would be great if there could be an option to make it possible to adjust the brightness of the albumart to a chosen level, or maybe have the location of the picture displayed in alternating positions?

Burn in won't happen on LCD. Only on CRT or some (AM)OLED screens. But upload on mediafire. fast and good
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

jistme

7pm and already on monk-brewed beer?  ;)
Quote: "A big concern for plasma panels..."

I use MusicBee also in my living room on a Panasonic plasma tv connected to hi-end audio, and I would imagine I am not the only one who wants to enjoy it in such a manner....

I think the chance of the square albumart pictures burning in is quite realistic, and I really don't want to be the Guinnee pig for testing this....

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a brightness attribute to the picture element.
brightness is between 0 and 1, where 0 is completely black and 1 is normal brightness
<element type="Picture" x="70" y="70" width="300" height="300" bdr="180,205,205,205" brightness="1.0" ></element>

updated .dll to support that:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/ScreenSaver.zip

silasje1

7pm and already on monk-brewed beer?  ;)
Quote: "A big concern for plasma panels..."

I use MusicBee also in my living room on a Panasonic plasma tv connected to hi-end audio, and I would imagine I am not the only one who wants to enjoy it in such a manner....

I think the chance of the square albumart pictures burning in is quite realistic, and I really don't want to be the Guinnee pig for testing this....

hahahaha could say that.. naah beer in a few hours. a shame i can't drink 1 with u. But plasma is unknown area for me.
HDMI GTX570->YAMAHA RX-V471->DALI ZENSOR 1

Dutch Translation

WMP 12 Skin

cartman005

The burn in issue depends on your specific TV. As I understand it, newer plasma TVs are much better about preventing it. But this is the same as a static video game menu on your TV.

VX

What about using the same background all the time??? Supposing it contains some bright elements, your plasma would suffer more than in the album art case.

I wish the plugin had an option to periodically change the background with all the images in the screen sever plugin folder.
What do you think ???

Furthermore, the word 'from' and the phrase ' Coming up next...' could be localiseable.

There is a small bug, but I guess it refers to the video playback plugin rather than the screen saver one. Steps to reproduce:
Activate the screen saver during a video playback when there is more than one video in the now playing list.
Result: you won't see the video in the album art frame on the screen saver (I guess it isn't implemented ???, I can hear audio from the played video track), but also the duration of the coming up video files (mp4 and avi in my case) is not displayed. It's just [] after the title instead.

paq

Furthermore, the word 'from' and the phrase ' Coming up next...' could be localiseable.

You can change "from" and "Coming up next..:" to whatever you want in ScreenSaver.Settings.xml or remove them altogether if you feel like.