Author Topic: waveform seekbar  (Read 30858 times)

jistme

Having left foobar due to many idiosynchronicities and overcomplications to learn and personalisize , there was one extremely popular add-on option which I must admit I miss a lot.
It is a visual seekbar which visualizes the waveform.

It can look something like this:

Any chance to integrate this into MusicBee?

ma_t14

Not something that you absolutely need but it would be nice as an additional feature:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1850.0

+1

jistme

You are fast ;-)

So this is not a very original request/proposition, but it has been 'in the freezer' for a while?

Is there an overview with all pending/rejected MusicBee wishlist requests showing status and/or comments from Steven The Great? (no phun intended; respect!)

Steven

• Administrator
in fact i have already built a waveform generator but havent decided where to put it (it was done to include on the "Playing Track" tab but it didnt look any good mixed in with other information). Suggestions welcome.

the overview of the requests is the previous 82 pages in this topic ;)

jistme

Probably easy to suggest as a non-programmer:

There already is a seekbar in the player.
Mayby an option to toggle 'standard seekbar' / 'waveform seekbar'? (since there probably is a performance penalty)

Mono representation would be adequate (for me even preferred), and it doesn't have to be very big or fancy.
Just the functionality itself would be great.

Maleko12

^That sounds like a good idea and good placement.

Xyzzy

I use this feature with foobar2000 and it is really nice.

lnminente

+1 Maybe could be implemented like something similar to soundcloud in the "Playing track" tab

Francisco

The   waveform could be placed in the middle of the screen - between (genre, artist, albums) and attributes of the songs

Display the waveform and can not work with it has no value (just serve to occupy space) - there must be work tools - there would be good for at least the following tools:

Normalize
Split
Join
import
Delete (part)
Select (part)
Mute (selected part)
Insert  vst  aplications
Undo

Functions available in: Edit- audio
And then it would open a new window occupying the entire screen and showing the waveform with the tools.

If it was just to see the waveform:   see- waveform

jistme

You are very right about the waveform not being shown when the waveform is not known (yet). Especially when streaming over network this can take some time.

If it would be placed in the position of the standard seekbar, it would have to be automated so that if or as long as there is no waveform information, the default seekbar is being shown.

Nixander

In think it should be placed in the position of the standart seekbar so you can skip to certain point in the songs you recognize because of the waveform ( like the chorus, the "drop" in electronic musik, quiet parts in some songs etc.)

jistme

That's exactly why it's called waveform seekbar ;-)

jistme

To illustrate maybe a little bit better; I just found a layout I once made in foobar which I liked a lot:

Nixander

in fact i have already built a waveform generator but havent decided where to put it

it would be very nice if you released it as a plugin or as an option in the MB preferences to choose the wavebar :)

SoberWarlock

Guys.... I like to point out that this request was made a while back and still no waveform seekbar has been implemented. I would very much love this feature as it's the only reason why I still use Foobar2000.

I find out about MusicBee via 'AlternativeTo' and it is everything I ask for made for me, easily ready to use.
The following reasons why MusicBee might be the future:
-couple output formats (direct output; asio; wasapi)
-simple playlist view (library; now playing)
-radio

I really think the option to replace the default seekbar with a customizable waveform seekbar would be the ultimate 'Cherry-on-Top' plugin MusicBee needs as I can't find "ANY!!!!" player with it.