Author Topic: waveform seekbar  (Read 30859 times)

Nixander

in fact i have already built a waveform generator but havent decided where to put it...
please steve, add it as a plugin or just as a standart option.... It will be great for finding parts or "drops" in musicmixes, and even in songs :)

would really like to the waveform seekbar; it was always a very important thing I miss from foobar

ashash

hi,

I found the waveform seekbar in the now playing tab. It's great but I'd really like to be able to have one as a configurable layout on the now playing bar (not sure what's its proper name), be it

1 above or below the seek bar OR

2 replacing and being the seekbar, like soundcloud:

I never use the now playing  tab because I like to have my library instantly within reach and not look at some pictures and lyrics.

as always, thank you steven and know that you make my life so much better :D

ma_t14

+1 for waveform bar instead of seek bar

FYI you can can also make the waveform bar appear in the bottom left panel. Right Click and...

ashash

ah ya didn't know that haha, that's nice, but ya, I'd still prefer having it below/above/as the seek bar

ma_t14

Something along the lines of what is currently used by SounCloud would be great:

ashash

nice stuff lnminente, but I don't know how to make the xml file work... do I just paste it in my mb folder with the latest update? Anyway to rollback in case I don't like it?

mikebo, I cant find any waveform  patch in your link.

Btw I prefer the old soundcloud one over the new onesided one, which only shows the top half of the waveform. An option between the 2 would be nice

lnminente

mbuser

thanks Steven for making this into 2.1.4924

xbliss

Something along the lines of what is currently used by SounCloud would be great:

How to get something like this to be visible and seekable? Now?

Zak

• Global Moderator
View > Arrange Panels > drag the Wavebar from the Available Elements list to one of the highlighted panel areas.

Or if the skin you're using supports it, you can right-click the playing controls pane, and select Panel Layout and Wave Bar from there to show the wave bar instead of the normal progress bar.
Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:54:56 PM by Zak
Bee excellent to each other...

xbliss

View > Arrange Panels > drag the Wavebar from the Available Elements list to one of the highlighted panel areas.

Or if the skin you're using supports it, you can right-click the playing controls pane, and select Panel Layout and Wave Bar from there to show the wave bar instead of the normal progress bar.

Thanks. Found it. Looks nice and clean.

Any way to make it LARGER - did a bit but is the Max height defined by the Skin?

Zak

• Global Moderator
Depends which way you've displayed it.
For the first way I described, you can right-click and set it to be any height you like.
I believe the second way is set by the skin.
Bee excellent to each other...

xbliss

Depends which way you've displayed it.
For the first way I described, you can right-click and set it to be any height you like.
I believe the second way is set by the skin.

Tried your way - Love it.

I just realizes I've never played extensively with Panels and always remained with default skins.

Is there a MASTER VIDEO tutorial (or set of them) that walks through how one can/ should play with panels to find their IDEAL Music Bee ARRANGEMENT ? and SKIN Combo?

If you could point me to that it'd be great. Thanks.