Author Topic: Some suggestions for Fullscreen mode  (Read 9783 times)

- Fullscreen mode without menu bar. When I lock up MusicBee and someone else I don't know comes around, they tend to poke around and then cause some weird exceptions that I can't ever make. With no menu bar they will have less things to mess up (while I use a super-simplified panel setup), and unlocking can be made to use hotkey only so I won't worry about people trying all the passwords they can think of.

- Fullscreen mode with retractable player module. Just like in Firefox (and other internet browsers too I believe), pressing F11 gives you fullscreen with the controls, and then after seconds the controls collapse into the edge of screen. This can be useful when I want to maximize the area given to the library and/or playlists for visibility, like on a low-resolution large screen.

- Fullscreen mode without actually locking the entire computer. Sometimes I wish to just max out the area for information but still can ALT-TAB to other programs. This is also a bit like fullscreen in browsers where the entire screen is dedicated to what I'm looking at, and I won't have to go all the way back through the menus (or hotkeys) to get back to normal mode to check an IM message for instance.

- The above suggestions, at best should come at a tick-able choice like now :)

Keep up the good work MusicBee team!

Alexis

+1 for full screen mode, for when one has visualizer up.

I would like to just see the artist pictures or whatever is on the visualizer when I just have the music player going and sitting back.  No windows taskbar or player menu. 
Moving the mouse  would bring up a menu to escape fullscreen mode or whatever may be deemed necessary... or maybe just hitting esc.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Greb

+1 for full screen mode, for when one has visualizer up.

I would like to just see the artist pictures or whatever is on the visualizer when I just have the music player going and sitting back.  No windows taskbar or player menu. 
Moving the mouse  would bring up a menu to escape fullscreen mode or whatever may be deemed necessary... or maybe just hitting esc.

You can use the new screensaver plugin for that...

Alexis

I have noticed the implementation of the screensavers and been really curious, but I have not used screensavers in years.  I like the work you guys have done.  maybe I will give them a try, but still think I would like the option above, especially  to see the artists photos etc.  Maybe I will change my mind if I try the screensaver.

Update:
I tried the screensaver and it is really very cool but one would still like the option to just have fullscreen mode that one can actually interact with.
Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:28:46 AM by BeeFanatic

Greb

Update:
I tried the screensaver and it is really very cool but one would still like the option to just have fullscreen mode that one can actually interact with.

Some screensavers need to press specifically ESC to exit, so you can use the mouse or any other key to interact. You could propose it (I would create a new thread for it)  ;)

Steven

• Administrator
just regarding screen savers, in the longer term i anticipate that when they are docked inside musicbee or when displayed on multi-monitor computers where it is configured to allow other screens to be active that they will have interactivity eg. click the progress bar. The way i see it, the screen savers would be a way for users to create their own customised look.
I guess at that point calling them screen savers is not really a good name, and in fact even now i am not really happy with that name as i think it leads people to the wrong asssumption of what they are.
So any suggestions welcome!

Steven

• Administrator
you can already full screen a visualiser using Alt Enter

Alexis

Thx...I didn't realize that

Steven

• Administrator
i thought alt-enter was a pretty standard key for that, but seems F11 is for some people, so perhaps i will add a hotkey command