Author Topic: “X-Ray” Library – New function wish  (Read 4587 times)

Francisco

Suppose we want to quickly analyze the songs of a cd or a library, for example, to put this material in our database - but we do not want or we do not have time to hear all that stuff –  you could selecting in  library the material that we want to hear only a sample and when pressing the right button of the mouse you Should  get the option "X-ray" (for example), in which only could be heard 30, 45, or 60 seconds (we could choose) of each song selected - and these seconds are not heard from the beginning but in the middle of each song.

Anti

I load the track(s) into the now playing list, and use the hotkey 'playback: skip forward one minute' to manually skip through tracks quickly. I also recently used this technique to rate all my tracks, whenever I needed to be reminded of a song. It's not automatic, but I actually prefer doing this kind of task manually.

If your x-ray mode was implemented, I'd personally use only use ten or twenty second samples.

Analien

+1. The length of the samples should be of each users preference. One user would prefer 10sec another user would maybe prefer 30 sec samples.
Also, another option in this would be to set a percentage to play, e.g 5%, 10%, 25%, 50% and so on.
I've been at this before, in the Q of setting playcounts in the style of Winamp, where one can set %-play and sec-play.

lnminente

I wrote a script for autohotkey, so when middle clicking in the seek bar it moves to that position in the next track

It's here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5052.0

cartman005

I use the Inbox for this. I like to keep all of my new music in the Inbox until I either decide that it is good enough to keep, or not and should be deleted.

I don't think that you can/should judge a song based on listening to a 30-second clip one time.
Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:26:27 AM by cartman005

Francisco

x-ray should be able to run in two possible  modes:
continuous and selective mode

selective - in this mode when you finish listening to a sample of a song pops up a dialog box with four options:

repeat - repeat  the sample with  time  twice bigger and the sample is located elsewhere
continue - there is no action, just follow playing  the next song sample
remove from playlist and from the folder
remove from playlist

In this dialog box should be possible to choose which option using the arrow keys (up and down) and the enter key to confirm. The aim is to be as fast as possible