Author Topic: Remember playing/selected track view for each panel  (Read 2070 times)

ma_t14

This is one of those things that might not  seem that important at first but  when implemented you will wonder how you could live without it.

Basically what I suggest is to remember separately for each panel whether the view is assigned to the selected or the playing track. Let me explain, for example I always have the Lyris panel set to the playing track so that I can see synced lyrics scroll and also because it makes sense to have the lyrics of the playing track open so you can see them. Very rarely (almost never) I need to view the lyrics of the selected track or have the need to edit some lyrics. But I use the Details panel primarily for seeing the details of the selected track and have the artwork pane set to the playing track and never touch that. I placed the artwork panel on the left for this sole reason, so I can see the artwork of the playing track. Since using this layout (which is the one that suits me) I cannot view the lyrics and the details at the same time I have to cycle between the 2 when I needed. That causes a problem because I use the lyrics panel primarily for the playing track and the details panel always for the selected track. The result is, I have to always click on the panel title to change the view. That happens every single time, it has become a routine  :P

I suspect many others might have the same issue without realizing it. Making it so that each panel remembers the playing/selected view will surely make lives a little easier...
Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:32:47 AM by ma_t14

ma_t14

I think the post was too big and scared people away  :D

Basically what I am asking for is that panels remember the state of the playing/selected track when switching between them. It's useful, no?