Author Topic: Optional search function in Library Explorer  (Read 3648 times)

tadatin

Is it any chances to bring back search function in Library Explorer, like it was in 1.2.3705 version (Quick Finder in those days). I have one old installation and find himself constantly using this search. General search function is not the same.

Maybe it can be an option in Preferences/Layout customization?

BTW, it can be handy to include Edit Tags link in Tools menu. Yesterday I spent almost two hours searching for this functionality, only accidentically found Shift+Enter (I know, I know how dumb I am...)

Steven

• Administrator
all the commands are accessible via right click but i guess there is no harm in adding Edit to the tools menu

for searching, i will make it consistent with the now playing list so it opens a find dialog at some point in the near future but in the interim you can type the first letter (and additional ones quickly)

by the way, i do not recommend using both versions of MB at the same time. There have been so many changes in newer version thats are not going to be backwardly compatible you are bound to run into problems
Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:23:03 AM by Steven

tadatin

by the way, i do not recommend using both versions of MB at the same time. There have been so many changes in newer version thats are not going to be backwardly compatible you are bound to run into problems

I use different installations in different computers, my main library is on NAS. Even in this case can be problems?

BTW, I prefer not to have "pluses" in library explorer for expanding artists albums. It adds clutter and (for me) is necessary. Just showing albums in main panel when artist clicked is just right for me. In future, can it be unchecked in Preferences/Layout?

Steven

• Administrator
I use different installations in different computers, my main library is on NAS. Even in this case can be problems?
that should be generally OK - i dont think anything has changed in terms of the musicbee database structure, although there are some values and fixes that wont be recognised in the old version.

tadatin

Steven, I updated my main computer with latest MB. But... it is a bug, or it is done by design: in shift-enter mode when I select individual track, view automatically shifts to Tags(2) tab. Maybe it should leave last viewed tab? Next, when I in the same mode browsing tracks with arrow keys, blue line (which identifies which track is selected) is moving, but it not synchronizes with tag editor window - in order to see tags, I should click on track with mouse.

Because in old version it worked differently, I assume it is not the bug?

Steven

• Administrator
does this have anything to do with the library explorer?
i which panel are you editing and are you always editing single tracks

tadatin

In music library I am selecting one album in "album and track" panel. Sometimes I want change tags for entire album - I simply select all album, and that is OK. But sometimes I should manually change individual tracks tags and - this is very important to me - inspect all tags, the fastest way is simply run on all tracks with arrow keys. In previous (1.2) version this worked perfectly, I checked and, retagged almost two thousand albums.

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the arrow key synchronisation in Album and Tracks view.
As for setting Tags(2) i cant reproduce but made a change that might fix it. If not i will need some precise set of steps to reproduce

http://www.mediafire.com/?jaeaxppw8bdvg4e
Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:58:00 PM by Steven