Author Topic: 1.2 Beta Whishlist  (Read 20604 times)

Steven

• Administrator
the encoding is done via BASS library functions and there isnt any way to do that i'm afraid

Antonski

Well, according to the short BASSenc 2.4.6 description, it is "An extension that allows BASS channels to be encoded using any command-line encoder with STDIN support", although in XMPlayer one can configure a custom cli encoder that does not support piping (by %i switch).
But command prompt could be a problem.
Anyway, the second is not so important.

Antonski

- Button for fast switch of RG playback mode (Track -> Album), maybe a toggling button next to Equaliser and DSP manager button?
done for next update although accessible from the Controls menu in the top main menu or invoked as a hotkey - when i make the player control panel layout configurable i will look to give you the ability to add a button

Steven,

some time ago you wrote that you've added  a toggling button for RG modes, but I've never found it. I still think that it would be good to add such (or to make possible adding a button) to player control panel.
Today I've tried the new possibility to add toolbar buttons an I attached two actions to two buttons, "RG track" and "RG album", but they are not as convenient as I expected.
First, they eat a lot of space, then there is no indication what button is currently pressed (i.e. what action is activated).
Instead, a small toggling button in player control panel with changing labels that indicates the current RG mode (for instance 'A', 'T', 'S') would be perfect. Or at least I think so :)

Steven

• Administrator
there isnt a toggling button at the moment, you can switch replay gain mode in the Controls menu or via hotkey.
For buttons with commands that have a binary state, i could add an indicator if the state is enabled.
Not to say i wont add support for a dedicated single RG button

Steven

• Administrator
this version is now aware of binary state commands and allows you to have different text for the off and the on state.
I've also added a new command "Playback: Replay Gain Toggle" which toggles through: Off -> Smart -> Track -> Album -> Off
For this command, i've taken the easier route [for me :)] and simply appends S/ T/ or A to the On text
eg. you might set:
off: RG OFF   on: RG
and when in Album mode it would show RG A

http://www.mediafire.com/?1m7acwb8uova7ch

Antonski

Great! I'll try it ASAP (tonight).
Thanks, Steven!

Edit: Tried, works perfectly. As expected :)
Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:59:36 PM by Antonski

ferongr

Request: All (within reasonable limits) internal keywords should be accessible by a <keyword>, and documented in a text file or the Wiki (so we don't clutter the pop-outs with a huge list)