Author Topic: Ability to use the web to find lyrics  (Read 4775 times)

Maleko12

This is only if one runs the "Update missing lyrics only" option and "No changes" comes up as the result. This should be an option, not a requirement... that may get annoying.

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not sure i understand - when a track already has lyrics it is by default unselected and wont search for lyrics for that track. Do you want to be able to tick it and so force the lyrics to be reloaded?

Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:35:05 AM by Steven

Maleko12

sorry, i meant if one we're to use the Update lyrics option and NO lyrics are found. Thus, an (optional) option should come up and do an online search for the tracks that can't be found (besides using lyricwiki and lyricsplugin).

Steven

• Administrator
ok, so if no matches then an option to open a tab which does a lyrics search in google for the artist and track? I guess it would only work well if you are auto-tagging just one file

Maleko12

Steven

• Administrator
i've done this for the latest 1.2 beta but only when tagging one file.
Also the lyrics in the track information panel provides a google search link if no lyrics are located, and you can now right click and paste lyrics from the clipboard directly into a music file

tincanman2010

Is it possible to search for lyrics by file name rather than tag?
Because I do a lot of listening on my iPod and do not want to have 500 artists with 1 song each, I will batch retag in this format: ARTIST - blues TITLE BB-King - Thrill is Gone. In this way I have a combination of full albums (normal tagging) and selected songs in groupings of my own choosing. This way I can choose 'Blues' as an artist on my iPod. I have about 20 unique 'artists' such as this, as well as the normal full albums, podcasts, etc.  Its warped probably, but with an 80 gig iPod stuffed full, it works for me when a playlist or sort by genre won't quite cut it. (This is on my everyday library of course, not the pristine version)

Anyway, that does stop lyric checkers from working. But as the file name never changes, could it search by that for the lyrics instead of my genius/eccentric tagging?