Author Topic: Behaviour of Album Panel, while renaming Albums  (Read 4989 times)

bryankook

Panel Layout: Track Detail (using standard Genre, Artist, Album fields)

Example: I have an Album which contains two CD´s called from Artist XYZ "Best of CD1" and "Best of CD2". When I rename them in the Main Window (to "Best Of" and changing the Disc Nr. Tags to 01 of 02 as well as 02 of 02, so that it will still be in the right order) the Album field jumps back to the first Album. If I want to rename several Albums I need to scroll down again to the last Album I changed, which can be painful, when having aprox. 2000 Albums in your collection.  :-\

Other than tha, this program is the best Music program I have used so far by FAR! I must give the author my biggest admiration!  :o

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not sure i understand exactly what you are doing - can you give step by step details.
especially this bit: "the Album field jumps back to the first Album"

Analien

I think he means that the view is jumping to the beginning of the (ex.) library-trackbrowser where it says "All".
This is a real hassle.
When browsing the library -maybe just when looking for something to play or just browsing and looking at the beautiful covers (this is how I roll)- one suddenly encounters a problem with an album or a song or whatever. Time to quick-edit! Changing stuff here, e.g changing the genre or the artist name will make the selection jump back to the start.

Example:
Browsing the library in:
Genre: Goregrind, Album Artist: Phlegm Thrower, Album: Rancid Aroma Of Nauseating Phlegm
Changing something on this, e.g the genre, will make it jump back to:

Genre: All, Album Artist:All, Album:All

So it would be rather nice if it jumped down to the next artist, or if it's the last artist in the list, it would just jump back to the artist before or select the next genre.

I tried to be as clear as possible, I hope someone understand what I mean.

Analien

This also happens when converting. Just now I converted some songs and when finished it jumped back to "All" again, I wanted to convert or fix tags on more songs in that genre. One has to scroll back down in genre and then artist. Time-consuming.

Steven

• Administrator
I think he means that the view is jumping to the beginning of the (ex.) library-trackbrowser where it says "All".
This is a real hassle.
When browsing the library -maybe just when looking for something to play or just browsing and looking at the beautiful covers (this is how I roll)- one suddenly encounters a problem with an album or a song or whatever. Time to quick-edit! Changing stuff here, e.g changing the genre or the artist name will make the selection jump back to the start.
in my tests it only jumps back to All if the selected track browser value no longer exists in the list. What i can change is if other selected values still exist in the list, then it will maintain the selection minus the one value that no longer matches. And if no values remain then it will reset. It would be too much of a change to keep track of the specific tag value that changed and select the new value in the track browser.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Hi,

Thought I'd register to add to this thread because it's something that's been bugging me too.
Specifically, when I delete an entry from a list, it will scroll back to the top because it no longer has anything current to select. I think it would be more natural behaviour to just select the item below the one that was deleted. This would also mimic Windows Explorer's behaviour when deleting folders and files.

This is my first post after using MusicBee and lurking here for about a year. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something worthwhile occasionally. :)
Bee excellent to each other...

Analien

Could you make it so that it won't fall back to the top but instead it selects the next genre, e.g it goes downwards,if nothing more is present.

beehive

in my tests it only jumps back to All if the selected track browser value no longer exists in the list. What i can change is if other selected values still exist in the list, then it will maintain the selection minus the one value that no longer matches. And if no values remain then it will reset. It would be too much of a change to keep track of the specific tag value that changed and select the new value in the track browser.

Same Here, I cant reproduce any of the mentioned occurrences. I dont experience any jumping.

tadatin

The same behavior occurs when you are jumping between "album and track" and "artwork" views when no album selected. I don't know it is possible to code that, but it can be nice if views jumps approx to the same albums when are switching between views.

tadatin

One more similar issue: when in Artwork mode I slide the right slider, album covers changing (jumping) only after I release the slide, there are no smooth sliding like in Album and Tracks mode. IMHO it is not the way it should be.