Author Topic: Coverhunt Artwork  (Read 7067 times)

cryscyman22

As a trial could you add www.coverhunt.com to the artwork provider list.

Amazon tends to be the only source when finding artwork for the Genre of New Age and Relaxation music. I have had no success with last.fm at all and some of the others rarely find anything.

It also might be worth looking at why last.fm never finds any artwork as I am unable to copy / paste any image directly from this site.

Steven

• Administrator
can you give an example where you found a picture on last.fm but i didnt find using MB? I'm not having any problems on my side

cryscyman22

can you give an example where you found a picture on last.fm but i didnt find using MB? I'm not having any problems on my side

If you download this picture it will show a list of 7 albums where last.fm does not find covers where coverhunt has them listed in their database. As I said I think a lot depends on the album you are looking for. Most of my music work is with New Age / Relaxation where covers can sometimes be a problem to find.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r257/crisoco/MusicBeeAlbumCoverResearch.jpg

Steven

• Administrator
can you confirm you have last.fm ticked in the artwork providers in auto-tagging preferences. I checked dean evenson and have no probs getting the artwork for that from last.fm

cryscyman22

Very strange this. Yes every single provider has a tick against it in preferences / artwork providers.
Dean Evenson album is listed on last.fm web site but it is impossible to copy / paste any artwork directly and it is not finding artwork at my end using MB. Could something else be affecting the searches, ISP for example or blocks by last.fm on certain searches.
If you do a Google search on 'Dean Evenson Dreamstreams cover artwork' does not find any image artwork in last.fm
If you do a Google search on 'Dean Evenson Falling For You Dreamstreams cover artwork' does not find any image artwork in last.fm
Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:41:54 PM by cryscyman22

Steven

• Administrator
could you email me your musicbee settings file - that way i can eliminate if its a bug on the MusicBee side.
If using XP its:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your id>\Application Data\MusicBee\MusicBeeSettings.ini

I'll PM you my email address

Otherwise i guess its possible last.fm have certain ip addresses blocked

cryscyman22

I have sent my Settings.ini file via a Word document using standard email as the PM system does not allow that number of characters to be sent.

cryscyman22

I have been having some further thoughts on the matter of the Last.fm problem.

I downloaded the Last.FM Downloader.zip with a view to trying it out to download some music because it also includes artwork. I found that it would not work at all. There were tabs for Account and Login.

On the Last.FM Downloader.zip site I found this comment ......

"No user account or login is required in the United States, United Kingdom and Germany. All other users must create an Last.FM account"

My thought is that as you can access Last.fm and I cannot then perhaps your ISP is within the USA UK or Germany but my ISP is located outside this region and would require an account to login to Last.fm to download any artwork.

While doing this bit of research I found another rather interesting and excellent Album Cover Artwork download site ...

www.album-cover-art.org
Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:54:22 PM by cryscyman22

Steven

• Administrator
having a look at album-cover-art and cover-hunt results all they are doing is repackaging amazon.com artwork!
plus any sites i do add need to support some sort of developer API (some applications do 'screen-scraping' but i would prefer to avoid that)
I've sent to your email address a version that logs the error being returned by last.fm so hopefully we can some more insight into that

cryscyman22

This problem is now resolved.

BISS Hosts is blocking ws.scrobbler.com in my HOSTS file.

An interesting discussion here about it from other concerned users including one from the a last.fm developer.

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=18180&hl=scrobbler

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=17449

For the moment I have removed it from my own BISS Hosts block list and MusicBee now finds the artwork for Dean Evenson and any other last.fm searches OK.