OK, something for the Ubuntu people at least. The usual disclaimers apply "Never run something you downloaded from the internet without checking it"... yadda yadda.
# wget http://www.theraff.net/musicbee-on-linux/musicbee_installer.sh
# chmod 755 $HOME/musicbee_installer.sh
Quick summary of what it does:
1. Adds the wine PPA so you can get the latest version
2. Installs: wine, winetricks, icoutils, p7zip, unzip
3. Downloads my musicbee.verb and installs it using winetricks.
4. Extracts the .ico from MusicBee.exe, converts it to .png
5. Creates a MusicBee launcher script and shortcut
If I get this working happily on a few different linux distributions without any serious hacking, I'll add a wiki item. I've spoken to the winetricks dev and he's cool with the idea of integrating my musicbee.verb and a function to extract icons and build desktop shortcuts.
This post is just FYI. I'm not going to edit or update, so if anything changes, it'll change here: http://www.theraff.net/musicbee-on-linux
EDIT: Making myself into a liar here: I've moved most of the functionality from the script to the musicbee.verb so that it can be more easily incorporated into Winetricks. Also added the latest 2.2 beta and IE is installed automatically. Bugger-all testing done though.